Explore Myrtle Beach
Cuisine: American, Seafood
Price Range: $$
What a view! Gulfstream is the only restaurant in Garden City Beach overlooking the ocean on one side and Murrells Inlet on the other and, fortunately, the food lives up to the view. Recommended... Read More
What a view! Gulfstream is the only restaurant in Garden City Beach overlooking the ocean on one side and Murrells Inlet on the other and, fortunately, the food lives up to the view. Recommended starters include the onion loaf (a mass of fried onion rings with bleu cheese dip), kicky N'Awlins shrimp served atop a crispy fried grits cake, she-crab soup and oyster shooters. Popular main courses range from Low Country crab cakes, a variety of fried seafood, garlic crab claws, and grilled or blackened catch of the day. Kids can opt for fried fish, shrimp, chicken fingers, or spaghetti.
- Best Restaurants, Romantic Dining, Murrells Inlet's Best Restaurants, Seafood, Beach Restaurants, Outdoor Dining: "Ask for a seat on the outdoor deck and enjoy a lovely, Lowcountry sunset over the inlet and salt marshes."
- Waterfront Dining: "A seat on the back porch is the place to be for spectacular views of the sunset over Murrells Inlet."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Ask for a table overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway while enjoying this bi-coastal dining experience.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Couples can't find a better combination of a waterfront view and romantic dining on the South Strand
- Best for Murrells Inlet's Best Restaurants Because: Although technically in Garden City, the restaurant borders Murrells Inlet and offers excellent views of the water.
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: In addition to excellent seafood, Gulfstream Cafe offers one of the best happy hours and most beautiful vistas on the Grand Strand.
- Best for Seafood Because: The view alone makes Gulfstream worth the drive, but the fresh seafood makes it worth a swim across Murrells Inlet.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: One of the few westward facing restaurants with an ocean view - and great seafood to boot.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Gulfstream Cafe has one of the few westward facing views of sunset over the waterfront on the Grand Strand.