Explore Myrtle Beach
Also Featured In
What a view! Gulfstream is the only restaurant on the Grand Strand overlooking the Atlantic Ocean on one side and Murrells Inlet on the other, offering 360-degree views of the water and a rare... Read More
What a view! Gulfstream is the only restaurant on the Grand Strand overlooking the Atlantic Ocean on one side and Murrells Inlet on the other, offering 360-degree views of the water and a rare westward facing spot to see the sun set. Fortunately, the food lives up to the view. Recommended starters include the onion loaf (a mass of fried onion rings with bleu cheese dip), kicky N'Awlins shrimp served atop a crispy fried grits cake, she-crab soup and oyster shooters. Popular main courses range from Lowcountry crab cakes, garlic crab claws and grilled or blackened catch of the day.
- Waterfront Dining: "A seat on the back porch is the place to be for spectacular views of sunset over Murrells Inlet."
- Seafood, Murrells Inlet's Best Restaurants, Beach Restaurants, Outdoor Dining: "Ask for a seat on the outdoor deck and enjoy a lovely, Lowcountry sunset over the inlet and salt marshes."
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: In addition to excellent seafood, Gulfstream Cafe offers one of the best happy hours and most beautiful vistas on the Grand Strand.
- Best for Seafood Because: The view alone makes Gulfstream worth the drive, but the fresh seafood makes it worth a swim across Murrells Inlet.
- Best for Murrells Inlet's Best Restaurants Because: Although technically in Garden City, the restaurant borders Murrells Inlet and offers excellent views of the water.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: One of the few westward facing restaurants with an ocean view - and great seafood to boot.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Gulfstream Cafe has one of the few westward facing views of sunset over the waterfront on the Grand Strand.