Explore Myrtle Beach
Also Featured In
Located inside pristine Huntington Beach State Park, this grand home of Archer and Anna Huntington was built in 1931 in the style of the same-named Spanish castle/Moorish fort. Self-guided tours of... Read More
Located inside pristine Huntington Beach State Park, this grand home of Archer and Anna Huntington was built in 1931 in the style of the same-named Spanish castle/Moorish fort. Self-guided tours of the grounds are available daily and free of charge with park admission. Stroll the brick-lined hallways and enjoy the beach view from the iron-rod hurricane windows. The interior of the castle features a courtyard filled with wildflowers and palmetto trees, creating a lovely place for weddings and special events. The beach is only a short walk through the sand dunes and sea oats so visitors can explore while taking a break from a day on the beach.
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
- Huntington Beach State Park: Daily 6am-10pm
- Atalaya Castle: Daily 9am-5pm
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Huntington Beach State Park Adult $5; Child (6-15) $3; Child (5 and under) Free
Atalaya Castle $1
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: If "Gone With The Wind" is your idea of romance, Hopsewee Plantation gives visitors a glimpse of life in the pre-Civil War South.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The architecture and natural surroundings make Atalaya Castle truly unique.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: Atalaya Castle is only one of many treasures at Huntington Beach State Park. Be sure to check out the beach, salt marshes and maritime forest.