Explore Myrtle Beach
Also Featured In
Atalaya Castle in the Sand
Type: Historic Sites
Located inside pristine Huntington Beach State Park, this grand home of Archer and Anna Huntington was built in 1931 in the style of the same-named Spanish castle/Moorish fort. Self-guided tours of... Read More
Located inside pristine Huntington Beach State Park, this grand home of Archer and Anna Huntington was built in 1931 in the style of the same-named Spanish castle/Moorish fort. Self-guided tours of the grounds are available daily and free of charge with park admission. Stroll the brick-lined hallways and enjoy the beach view from the iron-rod hurricane windows. The interior of the castle features a courtyard filled with wildflowers and palmetto trees, creating a lovely place for weddings and special events. The beach is only a short walk through the sand dunes and sea oats so visitors can explore while taking a break from a day on the beach.
- Huntington Beach State Park: Daily 6am-10pm
- Atalaya Castle: Daily 9am-5pm
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Huntington Beach State Park Adult $5; Child (6-15) $3; Child (5 and under) Free
Atalaya Castle $1
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The courtyard of Atalaya Castle is a popular place for weddings, art festivals and other special events.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The architecture and natural surroundings make Atalaya Castle truly unique.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: Atalaya Castle is only one of many treasures at Huntington Beach State Park. Be sure to check out the beach, salt marshes and maritime forest.