Explore Myrtle Beach
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Prosser's Bar-B-Q
Price Range: $
This family-owned and operated eatery has been serving sweet barbecue and country cooking since 1953, and for good reason. Not only does Prosser's do barbecue the good ol' Southern way - slow smoked... Read More
This family-owned and operated eatery has been serving sweet barbecue and country cooking since 1953, and for good reason. Not only does Prosser's do barbecue the good ol' Southern way - slow smoked over hickory coals to perfection - it also serves some of the best country cooking on the Grand Strand. Fried chicken, country-fried steak and the Lowcountry favorite dish of chicken bog join barbecue and ribs on the buffet amid a sea of home-style vegetables. Breads and desserts are also available on the buffet, which is quite affordable for hungry visitors. Be sure to try the mustard-based sauce even if it's against your BBQ religion.
- Best for Murrells Inlet's Best Restaurants Because: In a fishing village famous for its seafood, Prosser's delivers excellent "land food" options and good coiuntry cooking.
- Best for Southern Because: Prosser's offers a great sampling of Southern coking and South Carolina barbecue.
- Best for Barbecue Because: Prosser's brings the taste of authentic barbecue from Hemingway, S.C., to folks on the Grand Strand
- Best for Lunch Because: Prosser's was so popular in nearby Hemingway that it relocated to the beach.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Prosser's brought its country cooking from the tiny town of Hemingway to the beach.