Explore Myrtle Beach
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Prosser's Bar-B-Q
Price Range: $
This family-owned and operated eatery has been serving sweet barbecue and country cooking since 1953, and for good reason. Not only does Prosser's do barbecue the good ol' Southern way - slow smoked... Read More
This family-owned and operated eatery has been serving sweet barbecue and country cooking since 1953, and for good reason. Not only does Prosser's do barbecue the good ol' Southern way - slow smoked over hickory coals to perfection - it also serves some of the best country cooking on the Grand Strand. Fried chicken, country-fried steak and the Lowcountry favorite dish of chicken bog join barbecue and ribs on the buffet amid a sea of home-style vegetables. Breads and desserts are also available on the buffet, which is quite affordable for hungry visitors. Be sure to save room for dessert.
U.S. 17 Highway Business
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
- Best for Southern Because: Prosser's offers a great sampling of Southern coking and South Carolina barbecue.
- Best for Barbecue Because: Prosser's brings the taste of authentic barbecue from Hemingway, S.C., to folks on the Grand Strand
- Best for Murrells Inlet's Best Restaurants Because: Prosser's is one of the best buffets in town that doesn't serve seafood.
- Best for Lunch Because: Prosser's was so popular in nearby Hemingway that it relocated to the beach.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Prosser's brought its country cooking from the tiny town of Hemingway to the beach.