Explore Myrtle Beach
Type: Theme Parks
After the old Pavilion closed, Family Kingdom was left as Myrtle Beach's only oceanfront amusement park. Rather than rest on its monopoly, Family Kingdom expanded into two attractions in one. The... Read More
After the old Pavilion closed, Family Kingdom was left as Myrtle Beach's only oceanfront amusement park. Rather than rest on its monopoly, Family Kingdom expanded into two attractions in one. The amusement park has a new roller coaster to go with the famous Swamp Fox, plus about 30 other fun rides with a mix of fun and fear that appeals to the whole family. The water park is right on the beach and features several flumes, slides and wave pools. The amusement park is open March-September, but daily hours vary so call ahead. The water park is open from Memorial Day-Labor Day daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Best Attractions & Activities, Outdoor Activities: "Guests can get a nice discount by purchasing passes to both parks."
- Free Things to Do: "Guests can get a nice discount by purchasing passes to both the amusement park and water park."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Guests willing to make a full day of it can save money by purchasing a combo pass to both attractions."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Admission is free for those too young or old for the rides and waterslides, so it's a great place for families to visit together.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Family members who don't want to ride the attractions can tag along for free and laugh along with the thrill-seekers.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Family Kingdom is also family affordable in that there is no admission charge, only a fee for riding the attractions, so parents can tag along.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Family Kingdom gives guests a taste of the old carnival atmosphere on Ocean Boulevard.
Find the 10Best nearby: