Explore Myrtle Beach
Also Featured In
The downtown district has been revitalized by this new attraction, highlighted by the 190-foot SkyWheel that lights up the Myrtle Beach skyline. The largest ferris wheel on the East Coast offers... Read More
The downtown district has been revitalized by this new attraction, highlighted by the 190-foot SkyWheel that lights up the Myrtle Beach skyline. The largest ferris wheel on the East Coast offers scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean and the entire Grand Strand, but it's the area right around the SkyWheel that shines the most. A 1.3-mile wooden walkway spans the beachfront on one side and open-air cafes and shops on the other. Left abandoned when the Pavilion closed in 2006, the downtown area is back and better than ever thanks to the new Boardwalk. The downtown district offers lots of window-shopping and people-watching opportunities.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
- Free Things to Do: "The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk & Promenade is host to free concerts and fireworks all summer."
- Romantic Things to Do, Things to Do with Kids, Best Attractions & Activities, Outdoor Activities: "The Promenade, the centerpiece of the Boardwalk, is host to free concerts and fireworks all summer."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is the new hub of summertime activity in the downtown district.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The SkyWheel has become a popular place for gentlemen to propose marriage.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Promenade is the centerpiece of the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and the heart of all the action in the downtown district.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Downtown is once again the place to be in Myrtle Beach thanks to the addition of the oceanfront walkway.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The Boardwalk has breathed new life into the vibrant downtown district.