Explore Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach State Park
Type: Beaches, Parks
Experience a day of wonder in Myrtle Beach State Park, an oasis of nature amid a sea of human development. Located on the south end of Myrtle Beach, the state park is a stark contrast to the high-rise... Read More
Experience a day of wonder in Myrtle Beach State Park, an oasis of nature amid a sea of human development. Located on the south end of Myrtle Beach, the state park is a stark contrast to the high-rise hotels that are just a short walk away. Featuring old-growth maritime forests with hiking trails that lead to the high sand dunes of the beach, this 312-acre oceanfront park was developed by the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) in the 1930s. In addition to about a mile of beach, the park encompasses a fishing pier, a nature center, a campground and cabins and plenty of oceanfront picnic shelters.
4401 S Kings Hwy
Myrtle Beach, SC 29575
- Mar - Nov: Daily 6am-10pm
- Dec - Feb: Daily 6am-8pm
- Adult $5; Child (6-15) $3; Child (5 and under) Free
- Things to Do with Kids: "Check the daily schedule of events at the front gate for some free and informative family fun about everything from sharks to sea turtles."
- Outdoor Activities, Best Attractions & Activities, Tours and Excursions: "Check the schedule of events at the front gate for some free and informative family fun."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Take the kids away from the neon lights and water slides to explore life on the natural side at Myrtle Beach State Park.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: While most of Myrtle Beach is heavily developed, the state park is like a natural oasis in the heart of the city.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: For all the bells and whistles Myrtle Beach has to offer, the natural beauty of the state park is a welcome break.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: The natural beauty of this oceanfront park is a shining example of what the Myrtle Beach coastline looked like before development.
Find the 10Best nearby: