Explore Myrtle Beach
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of 8th Avenue Tiki Bar & Grill
8th Avenue Tiki Bar & Grill
The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk continues to bring new businesses to the downtown district, and the 8th Avenue Tiki Bar & Grill is the latest addition to this increasingly hottest spot in town. Taking... Read More
The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk continues to bring new businesses to the downtown district, and the 8th Avenue Tiki Bar & Grill is the latest addition to this increasingly hottest spot in town. Taking over a historic building previously occupied by legendary night clubs like Mother Fletcher's and Club Myst, 8th Avenue Tiki Bar & Grill hopes to bring a new attitude and atmosphere to the Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, a more festive, beach environment instead of the dance-club reputation of the building's previous owners and operators. Using bright colors and a new patio deck addition, 8th Avenue Tiki Bar & Grill plans to hold luaus and other beach-related festivities to the Boardwalk area, something that has been missing from the area since the 1.2-mile walkway was opened in 2009. 8th Avenue Tiki Bar & Grill also looks to add more emphasis to food, featuring a full menu of bar-food fare and seafood, such as fish tacos and buffalo shrimp. Burgers, steaks and other standard fare are on the menu, as well as frozen dessert drinks and a Reese's Cup Cheesecake that tastes as sinful as it sounds.
- Bars: "Happy hour is not only the cheapest time to visit 8th Avenue Tiki Bar; it's also the kickoff of sunset colors over the ocean."
- Sports Bars: "In addition to sports, 8th Avenue Tiki Bar & Grill also has live music, DJs and dancing on weekend nights."
- Beach Bars: "Grab a front-row seat to the free weekly fireworks shows over the ocean that are launched from a nearby pier."
- Best for Bars Because: 8th Avenue Tiki Bar is the liveliest place on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk.
- Best for Sports Bars Because: Even when your favorite sports team isn't giving you much to cheer about, you can always enjoy the ocean view.
- Best for Beach Bars Because: 8th Avenue Tiki Bar is conveniently located to Plyler Park, the heart of the Boardwalk and the site of many downtown festivals.