Explore Myrtle Beach
Also Featured In
Cuisine: American, Southern
Price Range: $
Soul food doesn't get much more soulful than a Big Mike's, which features classic Southern cooking mixed with Southern hospitality to create a special place for locals and tourists alike. Named for... Read More
Soul food doesn't get much more soulful than a Big Mike's, which features classic Southern cooking mixed with Southern hospitality to create a special place for locals and tourists alike. Named for owner and Myrtle Beach City Councilman Mike Chestnut, this place is packed with movers and shakers from the city rubbing elbows with everyday lunch lovers. For a mere $7.95, diners get their choice of one meat (fried pork chops or chicken, meat loaf, etc.) , three veggies (mashed potatoes, collard greens, macaroni and cheese, etc.) and a drink. Belly up to the lunch counter or bring a big party and grab a table for an enjoyable experience and some of the best food this side of the Mason-Dixon Line.
504 16th Avenue North
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
- Southern: "Forget about the menu; the dry erase board has all the great daily specials."
- Best Value: "Don't even bother with the regular menu unless you just like to read. The daily specials board is the best option for ordering."
- Lunch, Homestyle: "Forget the menu and order off the dry-erase board featuring the daily specials."
- Best for Southern Because: Big Mike's head cook, Queenie Bowens, is a magician in the kitchen.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: It's hard to find good comfort food at an affordable price in Myrtle Beach, but Big Mike's does it up right.
- Best for Lunch Because: You won't find better soul food this close to the beach.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Soul food doesn't get much more soulful than Big Mike's cooking.