Explore Myrtle Beach
Pawleys Island Hammock Shops
Type: Shopping Centers
The Original Pawleys Island Hammock Shop drew such a steady stream of tourists that several additional shops and restaurants sprung up in its shadow. Today, you'll find not only hammocks but a nice... Read More
The Original Pawleys Island Hammock Shop drew such a steady stream of tourists that several additional shops and restaurants sprung up in its shadow. Today, you'll find not only hammocks but a nice array of other goods, from candles and children's clothing to Christmas decorations and jewelry. There are gourmet and South Carolina specialty food shops, an Audubon gift shop, and a couple of art galleries as well. And at lunchtime, whether you're looking for a bite on the go or a full sit down meal, you'll find it here. Individual business hours vary, but most shops are open Mon-Sat 9:30 am-6 pm and Sun noon-5 pm.
- Christmas Shopping: "Take a break from shopping to enjoy a tasty breakfast, lunch or dinner at the adjoining BisQit Restaurant."
- Best Shopping: "If you make the 20-minute drive south to Pawleys, make a day of it and enjoy all the great things this seaside community has to offer - great dining and natural beauty."
- Shopping Malls and Centers: "This small but cozy collection of shops regularly feature live music and entertainment under the live oaks on the courtyard grounds."
- Best for Christmas Shopping, Shopping Malls and Centers Because: Pawleys Island Hammock Shops is the best place to pick up a piece of the Lowcountry to take home with you.
- Recommended as Best Shopping Because: The Grand Strand is filled with cookie-cutter retail centers, but Pawleys Island Hammock Shops are one of a kind.