La Sagrada Familia
Type: Architecture, Historic Sites, Religious Sites
Without a doubt, this is Gaudi's crowning glory. Set to be completed in 2046, the Sagrada Familia is a Barcelona must-see. Even if you don't want to go inside, the outside facades, history and master... Read More
Without a doubt, this is Gaudi's crowning glory. Set to be completed in 2046, the Sagrada Familia is a Barcelona must-see. Even if you don't want to go inside, the outside facades, history and master design are equally breathtaking. This is definitely one of Barcelona's top attractions. A mix between Star Wars meets Gothic architecture, the Sagrada Familia was the last project Gaudi worked on before he was sadly run over by a train. His greatest achievement, however, lives on and is fueled by donations from locals and tourists alike. The hope is that one day his greatest creation will be completed.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- 800 ptas
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The views from the elevator are incredible, not to mention the Church itself is breathtaking.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: A beautiful place to visit during the holidays, with special lights during the 'season'
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Gaudi's finest work before he died, which is still in progress. Must be seen at least from the exterior
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: A Modernist masterpiece and a Barcelona 'must-see', at least from the outside
- Best for Historic Sites Because: One of few buildings that will take more than 100 years to complete.