Also Featured In
Cathedral La Seu
Type: Religious Sites
The construction of this cathedral began in the late 13th century and was not completed until the middle of the 15th century. The interior design is distinctly Gothic, whereas the front and spire of... Read More
The construction of this cathedral began in the late 13th century and was not completed until the middle of the 15th century. The interior design is distinctly Gothic, whereas the front and spire of the church were touched with a French influence at their completion in the 1800's. The cathedral is dedicated to a Christian martyr whose tomb is located in the crypt beneath the high altar. The choir stalls are intricately carved with religious images. The Cathedral is situated in the heart of the Old City close to Santa Catarina market, amazing shopping and eclectic buskers and street performers.
Plaça de la Seu, s/n
- Mon-Fri: 8am-1:30pm,; 4pm-7:30pm
- Sat-Sun: 8am-1:30pm,; 5pm-7:30pm
- Best for Sightseeing Because: A stunning Cathedral in the heart of the Old City, beautiful architecture
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: Cathedral La Seu is one of the most beautiful Gothic style churches in the city
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Barcelona's most famous Gothic Quarter Cathedral, excellent for architecture enthusiasts
- Best for Historic Sites Because: The largest and most popular Cathedral in the Old City, it's known as THE Cathedral.