Also Featured In
At five times larger than New York's Central Park, Shelby Farms is a recreational oasis at the far eastern reaches of the city, adjacent to the suburban communities of Germantown and Cordova. The... Read More
At five times larger than New York's Central Park, Shelby Farms is a recreational oasis at the far eastern reaches of the city, adjacent to the suburban communities of Germantown and Cordova. The farms are home to the national headquarters of Ducks Unlimited and offer hike and bike trails, a huge and beautiful playground, outdoor concerts, and other free fun. For a fee, you can indulge in paddle boats and fishing, trail rides and horseback lessons, and a shooting range. The Wolf River Greenway connects to Shelby Farms Greenline, creating a path from far East Memphis all the way to Midtown.
- Free Things to Do: "Be sure to pop into the visitor's center for a map of the park; the recent expansion of amenities has changed some of the trails and landscape."
- Things to Do with Kids, Outdoor Activities: "Early morning is the best time at the park, when the dedicated runners and bikers are about the only folks out."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: You can visit multiple days and never do the same thing twice - and for no cost!
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The huge, fanciful playground is a delight for children for children to explore. Parents, bring your running shoes!
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Shelby Farms is a gorgeous public space that's lovingly cared for, and its a fantastic respite from the city.