Price Range: $
It's a bit ironic that such a huge space is dedicated to small plates - but after a signature cocktail or two from the mixologists at the wrap-around bar in this Cooper-Young eatery, who pays... Read More
It's a bit ironic that such a huge space is dedicated to small plates - but after a signature cocktail or two from the mixologists at the wrap-around bar in this Cooper-Young eatery, who pays attention to irony, anyway? Alchemy works so well in this huge space because it buzzes with a hip, every-everything kind of crowd, from BoHo Midtowners to groups of suburban moms to urban hipsters. Our favorite tiny plates - and they are small, so take our advice and over-order, especially if you plan to imbibe - are shrimp and grits, the duck spring rolls and the Spanish Manchego cheese with roasted red peppers.
940 S. Cooper
Memphis, TN 38104
- Cooper-Young's Best Restaurants: "Alchemy offers a paid valet option, and it's the only sure parking in the area."
- Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "Because Alchemy's menu changes seasonally, GF options can be plentiful or scarce, so be sure to check the menu ahead of time."
- Group Friendly: "Parking in Cooper-Young is limited but Alchemy offers a $7 valet option."
- Restaurants near Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium: "Parking in Cooper-Young is limited but Alchemy offers a $7 valet option - a great option on busy game days."
- Late Night: "Arrive before 7:00 if you want to be sure of a table; parking in Cooper-Young is limited but Alchemy offers a $7 valet option."
- Best for Cooper-Young's Best Restaurants Because: Truly the best people watching in all of CY (unless you count Young Avenue Deli in the wee hours of the morning).
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: Alchemy's menu changes frequently, and GF items are available but generally not listed; the waitstaff is very accommodating.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Alchemy takes reservations for groups of 10 or more, and has both very public and semi-private spaces for a group.
- Best for Restaurants near Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium Because: Alchemy is a perfect spot for chic, upscale post-game celebrating.
- Best for Late Night Because: When the hour gets late, Alchemy becomes a more intimate spot - and the perfect place to romance into the morning.