Cuisine: American, Southern
Price Range: $$
With a seasonal menu and a focus on locally grown produce, the menu is never quite the same each evening at Sweet Grass, but one can always count on an artful combination of Low Country cooking... Read More
With a seasonal menu and a focus on locally grown produce, the menu is never quite the same each evening at Sweet Grass, but one can always count on an artful combination of Low Country cooking combined with an overall Southern flair. Our favorites include a few always-on-the-menu options - the fried green tomato sandwich, such a treat - and the tasty shrimp and grits, peppered with a few scallops to keep your palate off balance. The airy, open dining room has a small bar area and a very small waiting area, so you can always pop next door to Next Door, also co-owned by Chef Trimm, to wait in comfort for a table if there's no spot available at the bar.
- Best Restaurants: "If Sweet Grass is crowded and you can't get a table, pop into Trimm's spot Next Door (literally next door), and you'll be treated to a more casual menu and atmosphere."
- Cooper-Young's Best Restaurants, Breakfast/Brunch, Restaurants near Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium: "This is a SABS (Seen And Be Seen) kind of spot, so reservations are a must."
- Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "Each dish at Sweet Grass is prepared to the diner's wishes, so be sure to ask for any gluten-free modifications when you're discussing the menu with your server."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Sweetgrass combines fine dining with a more casual atmosphere - a perfect marriage in our book.
- Best for Cooper-Young's Best Restaurants Because: Sweet Grass never fails to surprise and meet expectations.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: The folks at Sweet Grass are very attentive to those with gluten issues, and there's always plenty on the menu that's inherently GF.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: The bit of Low Country mixed into breakfast food is a treat - try the crab cake eggs Benedict or banana bread French toast.
- Best for Restaurants near Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium Because: Sweet Grass offers the perfect combination of festive atmosphere and upscale yet casual dining; you can come in your game gear and fit right in.