Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid
Type: Aquariums, Attractions, Family Friendly, Uniquely Here
The massive retail space combines a giant-sized version of a Bass Pro shop with a giant cypress swamp filled with fish and alligators, a 13-lane bowling alley, a 28-story freestanding glass elevator,... Read More
The massive retail space combines a giant-sized version of a Bass Pro shop with a giant cypress swamp filled with fish and alligators, a 13-lane bowling alley, a 28-story freestanding glass elevator, a 120-room hotel that resembles a swanky lodge, an observation deck at the tip of the Pyramid (visit for a fee), and all manner of boats, ATVs, and more to explore. Oh, and a gun range, an archery range, a shooting gallery, and a hotel spa. So, let's just call it Disney for outdoorsy types. Or anyone who wants to marvel at the marriage of a pyramid and a hunting lodge. Weirdly, it just works.
- Things to Do with Kids, Best Attractions & Activities, Sightseeing: "It'll cost you $10 to ride that elevator to the summit of the Pyramid - but the feel is worth the ride, and the view."
- Free Things to Do: "Not free is the $10 elevator ride to the summit of the Pyramid, where you can set your sights on the vista across the Mississippi."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Bass Pro is a cornucopia of fun for kids, from the bowling alley to the candy store.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: This isn't your typical shopping experience, it's a great escape on a hot day, and you can count on free demos almost daily.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Bass Pro at the Pyramid is more than a shopping experience - it's a wonderland of frivolous fun.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: The trolley is an easy way to travel between downtown's sights and attractions.