Also Featured In
When they say food / spirits on the Mollie Fontaine Web site, spirits has a double meaning - as in, the kind your drink and the kind who haunt old, Victorian homes. Mollie Fontaine is housed in a... Read More
When they say food / spirits on the Mollie Fontaine Web site, spirits has a double meaning - as in, the kind your drink and the kind who haunt old, Victorian homes. Mollie Fontaine is housed in a gorgeous Victorian mansion, stuffed with a combination of retro and vintage-y chic decor - overstuffed loungers, funky little chairs, and super-cool lighting, from chandeliers to multi-hued, single Edison bulbs. Sometimes, a pro sits at the old piano in the first floor front parlor - sometimes a customer jumps on - not always a good thing - and sometimes there's a DJ mixing it up. There's a full bar, and very often anything wet and cold comes straight out of a cooler tucked behind the bar. Since the lounge is owned by Karen Carrier of The Beauty Shop fame, the small plates served up are always something scrumptious - Fontaine sliders with arugula and gruyere, crispy duck rice rolls, and avocado tempura are all part of the inventive fare, and there's always a creme brulee of the day to tempt the sweet tooth.
- Best for Live Music Because: Mollie's musical offerings range from a single pianist to combos to live DJs.
- Best for Downtown Memphis' Best Nightlife Because: Mollie Fontaine's is pretty much the hippest place in all of Memphis - your cool factor will go way up once you experience it.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: We love Mollie Fontaine for its vibe and off-the-beaten-path location. Hideout!
- Best for Bars Because: It's the hippest nightspot in town, period - and one locals tend to forget about.
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: Mollie Fontaine isn't a dance club per se - but when there are certain bands playing, then this is a great spot to throw down.
- Best for Nightlife near Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium Because: If you don't want to run into all the fans from the game, Mollie Fontaine is your go-to.