Peabody Lobby Bar
Type: Bar, Hotel Bar
The historic Peabody Hotel is widely regarded as the place to stay when you're visiting Memphis; the grand hotel is elegant and sophisticated, with a huge two-story lobby featuring marble columns and... Read More
The historic Peabody Hotel is widely regarded as the place to stay when you're visiting Memphis; the grand hotel is elegant and sophisticated, with a huge two-story lobby featuring marble columns and rich decor. Indeed, the hotel's lobby fountain, where its famous resident ducks spend a good portion of their day, is one of the area's "must sees." But for an adults-only experience, wait until the ducks parade out to their rooftop quarters for the evening, which happens every night at 5 p.m. Once the crowds (and kids) clear out, the Lobby Bar becomes a swank, upscale spot to grab a drink. The bar is one of the best places in town to rub shoulders with the Memphis elite, and celebrities and sports figures when they are in town - and to enjoy a good martini while piano music drifts in the background.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the business for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- No cover charge
- Downtown Memphis' Best Nightlife: "There's a fantastic late-night bar menu from the hotel's Chez Philippe after 9 p.m., with small plates offered –" a perfectly elegant way to end an evening."
- Best Nightlife: "This is a great see-and-be-seen spot after sporting events, concerts and downtown events."
- Bars: "If you're craving something sweet to end your evening, the Lobby Bar offers a selection of confections from the hotel's pastry shop."
- Nightlife near Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium: "Make this the last stop of the day, with a great martini and a post-game dessert."
- Best for Downtown Memphis' Best Nightlife Because: The Lobby Bar is really the most elegant bar in downtown Memphis.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife, Bars Because: Once the duck march is over, the crowd departs - and brings a more sophisticated ambiance and crowd.
- Best for Nightlife near Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium Because: The Lobby Bar is ground zero for the post-game rehash among well-heeled alums.