Capriccio Grill - Peabody Hotel Memphis
Cuisine: European, Italian, Steakhouse
Price Range: $$$
Often overlook by it's across-the lobby counterpart Chez Philippe, Capriccio is the other restaurant inside the historic Peabody Hotel, offering breakfast and lunch in addition to steakhouse style... Read More
Often overlook by it's across-the lobby counterpart Chez Philippe, Capriccio is the other restaurant inside the historic Peabody Hotel, offering breakfast and lunch in addition to steakhouse style dining at night. While the atmosphere is certainly more casual than Chez Philippe, Capriccio is considered an Italian steakhouse, meaning there's a lot of pasta on the menu in addition to prime steaks, chops and seafood. White tablecloths are de riguer, as are high prices; in typical steakhouse style, side dishes do not accompany steaks and chops and must be ordered a la carte. Steaks are on the menu at lunch - but the restaurant changed its lunch focus to Southern comfort food, so do go for dinner for the full steakhouse experience. A variety of toppings and sauces are also available a la carte, and there's an extensive wine list and array of desserts.
- Steakhouses: "The daily risotto is one of our favorites for a side - an unusual treat at a steakhouse."
- Lunch, Group Friendly: "Do make a reservation for Capriccio; the restaurant is a popular lunchtime spot for the downtown business crowd."
- Breakfast/Brunch: "During special holidays - Easter, Mother's Day and Thanksgiving - the brunch moves from the Capriccio to the mezzanine of the hotel; reservations are a must on these special days."
- Restaurants near FedExForum: "Capriccio offers a late evening dessert and drinks menu - perfect for a post-game recap."
- Breakfast: "During special holidays - Easter, Mother's Day and Thanksgiving - the brunch moves from the Capriccio to the mezzanine of the hotel; reservations are a must on these special days, and the price for brunch increases."
- Best for Steakhouses Because: Capriccio's classic steakhouse feel and Italian twist is a great combination for a departure from the everyday.
- Best for Lunch Because: Fried green tomato sandwiches, a pimento cheese hamburger, and home cut potato chips...what more can we say?
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: The Peabody's Sunday brunch is legendary - especially for its days-long dessert table, which includes bacon with peanut butter dipped in chocolate. Heaven.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Capriccio's menu is made for sharing at lunchtime - a perfect spot for a quick group lunch.
- Best for Restaurants near FedExForum Because: People seem to forget about Carpiccio on game days, so your chance at scoring a table on the fly is pretty good.
- Best for Breakfast Because: The Peabpdy's Sunday brunch is experiential dining at its best - especially during one of the Christmas brunches, when the hotel is sumptuously decorated.