Also Featured In
Cuisine: American, Southern
Price Range: $$
Tucked high above noisy Beale Street, but with a great view of the action, Itta Bena is a lush bit of quiet yet rustic elegance that sits on top of B.B. King's Beale Street club. With a practically... Read More
Tucked high above noisy Beale Street, but with a great view of the action, Itta Bena is a lush bit of quiet yet rustic elegance that sits on top of B.B. King's Beale Street club. With a practically unmarked entrance (facing Second Avenue, around the corner from the entrance to B.B. King's), the idea is to evoke the feel of a speakeasy in modern Memphis, and it works. While the name seems to indicate Italian fare, nothing could be further from the palate; Southern delicacies including fried green tomatoes, she-crab soup, duck and waffles, and Cajun-grilled shrimp and grits are all worthy of a taste.
- Romantic Dining: "Cell phone usage in the dining room is seriously frowned upon. Do everyone - especially your date! - a favor and put it away."
- Downtown, Group Friendly, Restaurants near FedExForum: "Cell phone usage in the dining room is seriously frowned upon. Do everyone a favor and put it away, and if you must take a call, take it outside."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: With it's clubby feel, live, jazzy-bluesy music,and dim lighting, Itta Bena feels like a secret meeting spot for lovers.
- Best for Downtown Because: Itta Bena is like some secret club, and it's one of our favorite dining experiences in town.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Itta Bena takes reservations for groups of all sizes, with those over 15 getting a special contact to ensure a special outing.
- Best for Restaurants near FedExForum Because: Itta Bena offers pre-game happy hour drink and appetizer specials for Grizzlies fans.