Photo courtesy of Memphis Botanic Garden
Holiday Wonders at Memphis Botanic Garden
Type: Architecture, Family Friendly, Gardens
Memphis doesn't traditionally get a lot of snow, so Santa and his elves at the Memphis Botanic Garden give us the gift of a winter wonderland every holiday season with Holiday Wonders. From 'Snowy... Read More
Memphis doesn't traditionally get a lot of snow, so Santa and his elves at the Memphis Botanic Garden give us the gift of a winter wonderland every holiday season with Holiday Wonders. From 'Snowy Nights' in My Big Backyard, the children's play area and garden at the MBG, to a festival of old-growth trees lit up for the season, to a family friendly but definitely romantic lounge called Under the Stars, there's something for everyone at this wintery wonderland. Themed lighting, a musical light show, gently falling snow, carolers, holiday crafts and treats are just the beginning of the magical experience; kids can also play inside a giant snow globe and impress the crowd with their design skills at the giant Light Bright display. If things get truly chilly, which is definitely likely to happen, then you can warm up with hot cocoa around the fire pits.
- Select evenings November 23 - December 31. Check MBG website for details.
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Adult $10; Child (0-2) Free; Child (3+) $10
- Holiday Attractions: "You can reserve tickets for a specific date online."
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: Memphis gets so little snow, especially during the holidays, so the holiday festivities at MBG is our go-to for a winter wonderland.