Also Featured In
Porcellino's Craft Butcher
Cuisine: American, Bakery, Coffee Shop, European, Italian, Southern
Price Range: $
Chefs Andrew Ticer and Michael Hudman have another hit on their hands; Porcellino's is the duo's third restaurant on Brookhaven Circle, joining their upscale original, Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen... Read More
Chefs Andrew Ticer and Michael Hudman have another hit on their hands; Porcellino's is the duo's third restaurant on Brookhaven Circle, joining their upscale original, Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen and their superbly casual pizza & comfort food spot Hog & Hominy. Porcellino's has a much different focus and feel; it's open from breakfast through dinner daily, offering a set menu of pastries and coffees, plus fabulous daily specials (kimchee and Siracha-brined fried chicken biscuit, anyone? It's our brekkie go-to) and freshly baked treats and egg dishes at breakfast. We love the mix of carpool moms, yogis from the yoga studio down the street, and the business crowd of the morning set. Counter service is how the morning begins, with a switch-over to table service around 10-ish, with an emphasis on the ish. The atmosphere at Porcellino's is like the neighborhood cafes that make visiting European villages so charming; there's a hip and friendly staff, a cozy environment, simple metal chairs and dark wooden tables (plus counter seating throughout the space. And Porcellino's has one distinct differentiator from its sister restaurants � it's also a butcher shop filled with delightful meats and charcuterie to take home.
711 W. Brookahven Circle
Memphis, TN 38117
- Best Restaurants for Spring: "On weekdays, arrive after 7:50 - that's when local school kids have to be in the classroom, so the carpools which pop by for coffees and and more are gone by then, and you can have the patio practically to yourself."
- Best Restaurants, Italian: "Take some meaty magic home with you - ask for a butcher box (call ahead)."
- Breakfast/Brunch: "On weekdays, arrive after 7:50 - that's when local school kids have to be in the classroom, so the carpools which pop by for coffees and and more are gone by then."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Spring Because: The large, sunny patio is the perfect spot for a lazy spring weekend brunch.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: We love Porcellino's for the fact its personality changes throughout the day - going from bistro breakfast to upscale dinner.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: We love lounging on the expansive patio, especially on a quiet morning. And in Memphis, the weather often cooperates, even off-season!
- Best for Italian Because: Porcellino's reminds us of our fave European restaurants - small dining space, plenty of small plates, and a casual yet upscale experience.