Type: Bookstores, Local Picks
The local bookstore lives on - and lives on in splendorous existence at novel. Locals still call it Booksellers or Davis-Kidd, as the store was formerly known before it was bought out by the staff in... Read More
The local bookstore lives on - and lives on in splendorous existence at novel. Locals still call it Booksellers or Davis-Kidd, as the store was formerly known before it was bought out by the staff in order to ensure its survival. This is the kind of store where you can pick up a gift as well as a book - and we guarantee you can't stump the staff - they know everything. One corner of the store is dedicated to a charming bistro, and serves up a fantastic breakfast, lunch, or dinner with signature items including a bleu cheese-topped tomato soup, and scrumptious offerings from local and regional cookbooks.
- Best Shopping: "novel has a great little bistro called Libro - a perfect spot to order a glass of wine and read your new novel."
- Christmas Shopping: "During the holidays, different organizations wrap up your purchases while you wait (or shop some more). Simply make a donation of any amount and they'll take care of wrapping."
- Gift Shops, Elvis Shops: "Make a donation to the Booksellers' Give Back program, and you get a $25 card to use in the Bistro, as well as a discount on all purchases."
- Recommended as Best Shopping Because: At novel, you can load up on books and gifts, pick up some cards and wrapping paper- - and call it good.
- Best for Christmas Shopping Because: The Booksellers is the one place you are guaranteed to find something for even the most difficult person on your list.
- Best for Gift Shops Because: The Booksellers is the kind of place where you can knock out all of your holiday or birthday shopping in one visit.
- Best for Elvis Shops Because: The Booksellers carries a selection of books, CDs, and more upscale Elvis-themed items, including quite charming bobble-heads.
Find the 10Best nearby: