Type: Historic Sites, Uniquely Here
Graceland is the second most visited historic home in the United States, hosting more than 600,000 visitors who come to pay homage to the King. How long one spends at Graceland really depends on one's... Read More
Graceland is the second most visited historic home in the United States, hosting more than 600,000 visitors who come to pay homage to the King. How long one spends at Graceland really depends on one's level of interest in Elvis â" you can make a quick tour of the mansion and be out in an hour, or spend the day at all the associated exhibits across from the estate. For those truly committed, special exhibits change frequently. The mansion itself is really just a large family home, forever stuck in the design decade of the '70s. Elvis has a very deep interest in interior design, so he played a major role in choosing d�cor for the home, especially the basement. The infamous Jungle Room, where Elvis and his band actually recorded an album, is over-the-top tropical, featuring leopard spots, tropically-themed d�cor and green shag carpet on the floor and ceiling. Guests are never allowed to roam upstairs to view the Presley family's private quarters. Elvis' gravesite in the Meditation Garden is part of the mansion tour.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Adult $30 - $69; Senior (62+) $27 - $69; Student $27 - $69; Child (13-18) $27 - $69; Child (7-12) $13 - $69
- Historic Sites: "The Meditation Garden is open free of charge every morning from 7:30 â" 8:30 am."
- Free Things to Do: "During Elvis Week in August, the Meditation Garden is open longer for the free visits, including some afternoons. Check the Elvis Week schedule for exact times."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Sightseeing, Tours and Excursions: "The Meditation Garden is open free of charge every morning from 7:30 – 8:30 am."
- Best for Historic Sites Because: This may not be the city's most historic site, but in terms of the history of Elvis, it's a must.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: You can pay your respect to the King for free, every morning from 7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: There's no better way to understand the man who was the world's first sex symbol and rock star than a visit to Graceland.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Everyone needs to see Elvis Presley's Graceland, at least once in their lifetime.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: It's Graceland. It's Elvis. It's a must on so many levels.