Also Featured In
While Graceland is the priciest attraction in Memphis, you can visit the Meditation Garden for free, each morning from 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. Graceland is the second most visited historic home in the... Read More
While Graceland is the priciest attraction in Memphis, you can visit the Meditation Garden for free, each morning from 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. Graceland is the second most visited historic home in the United States, hosting more than 600,000 visitors who come to pay homage to the King. The mansion itself is really just a large family home, forever stuck in the design decade of the 70's. Guests are never allowed to roam upstairs to view the Presley family's private quarters. Elvis' grave site in the Meditation Garden is part of the mansion tour. The recorded tour information is quite informative and of course loaded with good Elvis songs; for hardcore fans of the King, the VIP Tour allows access to exclusive exhibits featuring infrequently seen artifacts, and includes priority access to the bus.
- Mar: -; Oct Mon-Sat; 9am-5pm
- Sun: 10am-4pm Nov Daily; 10am-4pm Dec; -; Feb Wed-Mon; 10am-4pm
- Adult $30 - $69; Senior (62+) $27 - $69; Student $27 - $69; Child (13-18) $27 - $69; Child (7-12) $13 - $69
- Free Things to Do: "During Elvis Week in August, the Meditation Garden is open longer for the free visits, including some afternoons. Check the Elvis Week schedule for exact times."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Sightseeing, Tours and Excursions, Historic Sites: "The Meditation Garden is open free of charge every morning from 7:30 – 8:30 am."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: You can pay your respect to the King for free, every morning from 7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: There's no better way to understand the man who was the world's first sex symbol and rock star than a visit to Graceland.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Everyone needs to see Elvis Presley's Graceland, at least once in their lifetime.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: It's Graceland. It's Elvis. It's a must on so many levels.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: This may not be the city's most historic site, but in terms of the history of Elvis, it's a must.