Also Featured In
Cuisine: American, Continental
Price Range: $$
Since its move to the River Inn, Paulette's is now open for breakfast daily, and that's a real treat as its breakfast offerings are lush - from eggs Benedict with creamy Hollandaise to hands-down the... Read More
Since its move to the River Inn, Paulette's is now open for breakfast daily, and that's a real treat as its breakfast offerings are lush - from eggs Benedict with creamy Hollandaise to hands-down the best French toast in town. Weekday breakfast is complimentary for hotel guests. Paulette's signature popovers and strawberry butter and excellent service are in evidence during brunch, with egg dishes and many entrees offered for under $10. When it is dinnertime, Paulette's turns into one of Memphis' most-romantic spots. For years, it has been known as THE engagement spot in town; the folks at Paulette's have helped many a creative proposal along, from inserting a ring into a piece of dessert to dropping diamonds in a glass of champagne.
- Downtown, Best Value, Breakfast/Brunch, Breakfast: "Avoid holiday Sundays - like Mother's Day or Father's Day, as not only is it tough to get a reservation, the menu pricing goes way up for the standards like waffles and egg dishes."
- Romantic Dining: "Start you evening with a drink upstairs on the roof of the hotel, in the Terrace."
- Best Restaurants: "Save a little money by trying Paulette's for Sunday breakfast; the signature popovers and strawberry butter and excellent service are in evidence during brunch, with egg dishes and many entrees offered for under $10."
- Best for Downtown Because: Paulette's is refined and a great choice on the far edge of downtown.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Paulette's is known as often being the scene of that most romantic moment, the marriage proposal.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Paulette's is iconic and charming whether for a family brunch or a romantic evening out.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: You can get waffles, egg plates, and more for under $10, and that includes Paulette's signature popovers to start your meal.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: Paulette's begins every breakfast with warm, perfect popovers - a simple treat that sets a special tone for the day.
- Best for Breakfast Because: Popovers, strawberry butter, incredible service, and a reasonable priced breakfast add up to the best breakfast experience in Memphis.