Also Featured In
This icon of the Memphis dining scene moved from its longtime house-like location in Overton Square into a smaller space withing the River Inn in Harbortown in 2011, and many were worried that... Read More
This icon of the Memphis dining scene moved from its longtime house-like location in Overton Square into a smaller space withing the River Inn in Harbortown in 2011, and many were worried that Paulette's would never be the same. That collective sigh of relief you continue to hear throughout the River City is that of diners who find that while the location has changed, the attention to detail, the wide array of Continental options, and the incredible wait staff has remained the same. Since its move to the River Inn, Paulette's is now open for breakfast daily, and that's a real treat as its breakfast offerings are lush - from eggs Benedict with creamy Hollandaise to hands-down the best French toast in town. Weekday breakfast is complimentary for hotel guests. At lunch and dinner, Continental fare rules, with perennial favorites on the rarely-changing menu.
- Best Restaurants: "Save a little money by trying Paulette's for Sunday breakfast; the signature popovers and strawberry butter and excellent service are in evidence during brunch, with egg dishes and many entrees offered for under $10."
- Romantic Dining: "Start you evening with a drink upstairs on the roof of the hotel, in the Terrace."
- Downtown, Best Value, Breakfast/Brunch, Breakfast: "Avoid holiday Sundays - like Mother's Day or Father's Day, as not only is it tough to get a reservation, the menu pricing goes way up for the standards like waffles and egg dishes."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Paulette's is iconic and charming whether for a family brunch or a romantic evening out.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Paulette's is known as often being the scene of that most romantic moment, the marriage proposal.
- Best for Downtown Because: Paulette's is refined and a great choice on the far edge of downtown.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: You can get waffles, egg plates, and more for under $10, and that includes Paulette's signature popovers to start your meal.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: Paulette's begins every breakfast with warm, perfect popovers - a simple treat that sets a special tone for the day.
- Best for Breakfast Because: Popovers, strawberry butter, incredible service, and a reasonable priced breakfast add up to the best breakfast experience in Memphis.