Also Featured In
Type: Bar, Local Picks, Nightlife District
The next door and more casual neighbor of Chef Ryan Trimm's Sweetgrass is a bar/casual eatery that rocks during the NFL and NBA seasons - but we hesitate to call it a sports bar; let's just say this... Read More
The next door and more casual neighbor of Chef Ryan Trimm's Sweetgrass is a bar/casual eatery that rocks during the NFL and NBA seasons - but we hesitate to call it a sports bar; let's just say this is a more upscale yet casual bar that just happens to host great sporting event parties. Next Door feels pub-y, with a long bar, almost the length of the entire space - and a mix of high top and conventional tables which can be thrown together to accommodate larger groups. The wine and beer offerings are fantastic (we love any bar that offers an Albarino as a matter of course), with a great selection of imported bottled beer and regional brews on tap.
- Sports Bars: "There's always a good home team crowd - and usually a beer special or two - on Grizzlies and Tigers game nights."
- Bars, Nightlife near Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium: "Look for seasonal cocktails made with fresh ingredients throughout the year."
- Pubs: "Look for seasonal cocktails and locally-crafted seasonal beers throughout the year."
- Best for Sports Bars Because: Next Door offers a quieter place to catch a game - and the added bonus of a fried green tomato sandwich.
- Best for Bars Because: It's our go-to for a night out when we feel like being social but also feel like wearing jeans.
- Best for Pubs Because: Next Door draws an eclectic crowd, from college students to well-heeled financial advisers, creating the perfect pub-ish atmosphere.
- Best for Nightlife near Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium Because: Next Door's casual ambiance and many flat-screens add up to the perfect location post-game discussion - and further game viewing.