Type: Bar, Live Music
The Hi-Tone is a Memphis live music institution, but almost too cool to claim that title. With just few rooms - a lounge area, and two spaces, one large and one small for shows - it' moved into its... Read More
The Hi-Tone is a Memphis live music institution, but almost too cool to claim that title. With just few rooms - a lounge area, and two spaces, one large and one small for shows - it' moved into its strip mall location in the newly revitalized Crosstown Area before it became known as Crosstown. Having this authentic piece of the Memphis music scene nearby is so typically Memphis in its mixed-in-every-way neighborhood. Featured musical acts at the Hi-Tone could be anybody from the North Mississippi Allstars and Cat Power to reggae and country-western acts – all of them party bands, to be sure. Note that smoking is allowed in the lunge but not in either of the music rooms, which doesn't mean you won't go home smelling like a bar.
Memphis, TN 38104
- Daily 5pm-3am
- Event Dates and Times Vary
- Cover Charged with Entertainment: $5 - $60
- Best for Live Music Because: The Hi-Tone is the quintessential Memphis music joint - a little gritty yet totally authentic.
- Best for Early Entertainment Because: Hi-Tone's not a 'regular hours' kind of place, so there's no set early nights. But early shows are plentiful, and some are even kid-friendly.
- Best for Nightlife near Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium Because: The Hi-Tone is the perfect spot for a post-game change up - live indie music.