Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Courtesy Young Avenue Deli
Don't be thrown by the name; this cavernous space is indeed a deli - and a tasty one, at that. Young Avenue has one of the broadest menus we've ever laid eyes on; there's everything from killer... Read More
Don't be thrown by the name; this cavernous space is indeed a deli - and a tasty one, at that. Young Avenue has one of the broadest menus we've ever laid eyes on; there's everything from killer fish and chips to a cowboy pita to a pimento cheese sandwich, salads, and smaller plates for kids. Yes, kids are welcome – and we'd advise to bring them during daylight hours, as when the deli starts rocking, it's a grown-up scene. The beer list is expansive, with what just might be the longest beer menu in town, a mix of the most exotic beers on tap and in a bottle or can - and you can indeed order a Bud Light or something of that ilk, but why would you, when you can have a Ghost River Wee Heavy or a Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout?
2119 Young Avenue, Memphis
Memphis, TN 38104
- Daily 11am-3am
- Cooper-Young's Best Restaurants: "The best spot in the whole bar is outside, if you can grab one of the tables. The music is still audible, you can carry on a conversation, and you can people watch the Cooper-Young scene from the comfort of the patio."
- Homestyle, Group Friendly, Restaurants near Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, Take Out: "While it's easy to order take out at lunchtime, avoid the later evenings, especially when there's a band."
- Late Night: "Added bonus for late-nighters: the bands often rock on until the wee hours."
- Best for Cooper-Young's Best Restaurants Because: The huge menu is overwhelming - and we mean that in a good way - it gives us plenty of reasons to visit often.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Young Avenue is like the perfect combination of eating your mom's cooking while jamming out.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Young Avenue's great for a group get-together as tables are easy to configure and the waitstaff experienced at handling crowds.
- Best for Restaurants near Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium Because: Young Avenue is the best spot on this list at which to simply chill – no pretensions, great food, and a huge beer list.
- Best for Late Night Because: Young Avenue is the ultimate late-night spot; it's filled with music, a huge menu, and some of the best people-watching in town.
- Best for Take Out Because: The deli has one of the most extensive menus in town - so it's easy to please a crowd.