Earnestine & Hazel's
Type: Bar, Late Night / After Hours, Live Music, Local Picks
This gritty club, a former bordello and hotel, is the local go-to for late night drinks and an alcohol-absorbing Soul Burger, a tasty concoction of greasy burger with onions that helps one regain... Read More
This gritty club, a former bordello and hotel, is the local go-to for late night drinks and an alcohol-absorbing Soul Burger, a tasty concoction of greasy burger with onions that helps one regain one's sobriety at the end of the evening. Whenever there is a celeb in town - quite often, actually- E&H is always on the list, which makes for fun people watching. And people watching is fun regardless, with an always-evolving mix of young hipsters, East Memphis socialites, and young med students. The two-story club offers a small dance floor / space for the bad, counter seating and a scattering of tables on the first floor, with the second floor rooms being a darker, funkier place to hang � but conversation can flow easier upstairs.
531 S Main St
Memphis, TN 38103
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the business for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Cover Charged with Entertainment: Free - $5
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: So E&H is more of a bar than a dance club, but it's one of our favorite spots in town to get down.
- Best for Downtown Memphis' Best Nightlife Because: Ernestine and Hazel's is a Memphis institution, and you never know who's going to show up - especially when big-name acts are in town.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: Besides the fact you might see a ghost (the second floor is haunted), Ernestine & Hazel's is simply one of the best nightspots in Memphis.
- Best for Bars Because: You might see a ghost at Ernestine & Hazel's – some say the second floor is haunted.