Cuisine: Ethnic, European, French
Price Range: $$$$
The most opulent dining experience in all of Memphis is found at Chez Philippe, located in the lobby of the historic Peabody Hotel. Fortunately for diners, the cuisine matches the lush and elegant... Read More
The most opulent dining experience in all of Memphis is found at Chez Philippe, located in the lobby of the historic Peabody Hotel. Fortunately for diners, the cuisine matches the lush and elegant surroundings. Traditional French fare is the focus of the chef, with a seasonal menu featuring a marriage of locally grown and produced foods; a full tasting menu of seven courses or smaller prix fixe menus of three or five courses include wine pairing options, a must-do. Starters include crawfish consomme and a lobster and fennel salad, while entrees feature dry-aged beef, Filet Oscar and an array of seafood options. For those who prefer to choose their own wine, a lush menu offers options beyond the $400 per bottle price tag.
- Tue: 6pm-10pm
- Wed-Sat: 6pm-10pm,; 2pm-3pm
- Three-course Prix Fixe Menu $68
Five-course Prix Fixe Menu $75
Tasting Menu $90
- Downtown: "Reservations are a must for Chez Philippe."
- Romantic Dining: "For a super-romantic touch, start with the caviar selection and end with the souflee du jour as an extra treat."
- Best Restaurants: "Do consider trying afternoon tea at Chez Philippe; it is a unique experience in Memphis set in the golden grandeur of the restaurant."
- Best for Downtown Because: It's the finest dining in town and a treat for a special dinner.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Chez Philippe is over-the-top romantic in its setting, and the Peabody's newly redecorated rooms are just an elevator ride away.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Everything about Chez Philippe is simply divine, from the ambiance to the cuisine to the service.