Also Featured In
Arnold's Country Kitchen
Cuisine: American, Southern
Price Range: $
There's no fussy, trendy cuisine to be found here, but Arnold's is still a food lover's fantasy. Pick up a tray and make your way down the cafeteria-style line and choose from meat-and-three or a... Read More
There's no fussy, trendy cuisine to be found here, but Arnold's is still a food lover's fantasy. Pick up a tray and make your way down the cafeteria-style line and choose from meat-and-three or a vegetable plate. The choices change by the day, but locals fill up on choices such as macaroni and cheese, turnip greens, mashed potatoes, roast beef, chicken and dumplings, fried chicken and more. When it is crowded you may end up sharing your table with strangers. But this is the south; they won't be strangers for long. Arnold's is one of the few Nashville mainstays that has stayed popular for more than 30 years. You really could run into almost anyone while here.
- Best Restaurants: "Local etiquette dictates, you stand in line and then look for a seat afterwards. Don't worry about finding a table. It Arnold's magic. There is always one when you need it."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Get a taste of the true Nashville meat and three in this bright red cafeteria that has been a local favorite for more than three decades.
- Best for Restaurants near LP Field Because: When people from out of town flood LP Field for CMA Fest, this spot gives them a true taste of Nashville.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Our most favorite local restaurant is also a James Beard Foundation America's Classics Award winner.
- Best for Meat and Three Because: It may not look like much, but this cafeteria style serves up world-renowned home-style cooking.