Cuisine: American, Continental
Price Range: $$$
Hidden in the lower level of the gorgeous Hermitage Hotel, this is one of the best dining rooms in the city, and has been for decades. Capitol Grille takes that whole farm-to-fork thing to whole new... Read More
Hidden in the lower level of the gorgeous Hermitage Hotel, this is one of the best dining rooms in the city, and has been for decades. Capitol Grille takes that whole farm-to-fork thing to whole new level. The restaurant runs Double H Farms, about four miles from downtown. And, the farm has its own herd of Red Poll cattle. Yes, the restaurant has its own cows! These are some seriously sustainable steaks. Most of the vegetables that accompany those steaks are from the chef's garden. So, even though the restaurant is in a hotel, it does not cater just to tourists. In fact, this is one of the most popular spots for locals in the city. You're sure to see power brokers and music stars rubbing elbows. The service is worthy of the folks who dine here.
231 6th Ave N
Nashville, TN 37219-1903
- Steakhouses: "Order one of the delicious cuts of dry-aged, grass fed beef, as fresh as can be: from the restaurant's own cattle."
- Best Restaurants: "This will be a meal to savor: Plan to take your time to take it all in."
- Best for Steakhouses Because: The setting is old school, but the approach to sustainable ingredients is modern.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: It may be in a hotel, but even locals flock here for the uber-locally grown ingredients and perfectly prepared food.
- Restaurants near LP Field: "Dress to impress - there is always someone special there."
- Southern: "Make a night of it, order a bottle of wine, and get a romantic room at The Hermitage Hotel."
- Best for Restaurants near LP Field Because: Any special event at LP is enhanced with a stunning meal at one of the finest restaurants in Nashville.
- Best for Southern Because: Executive Chef Tyler Brown is a leader in embracing new techniques while honoring the region's culinary roots.