Price Range: $$$
Arguably one of the best Italian eateries in the city has now reopened in the space that formerly housed sibling restaurant, Macellaio's. Which means, diners will not only find Lucia's rotating menu... Read More
Arguably one of the best Italian eateries in the city has now reopened in the space that formerly housed sibling restaurant, Macellaio's. Which means, diners will not only find Lucia's rotating menu of house-cured meats, handmade pastas, wild game, and seafood, but also enjoy it all in larger digs complete with an al-fresco patio. Expect to indulge in dishes like spaghetti with sea urchin butter, and Wagyu beef with celery root and truffles. Definitely order the foie-gras-stuffed prunes to start. You'll thank us later. And for dessert: the Earl Grey tiramisu with candied oranges, mascarpone, and cocoa is nothing short of genius.
- Bishop Arts District's Best Restaurants: "There is a small parking lot behind the restaurant as well as a parking lot at the corner N. Bishop and 9th. Reservations open every day at 9 a.m., and all reservations must be made through the website. Also note that you can place your name on a wait list to be notified in the case of cancellations."
- Take Out: "Orders must be placed a minimum of 24 hours before your pickup time."
- Romantic Dining: "Be sure to check the Facebook page for last-minute cancellations. Also note, that there are 4 seats at the bar as well as a few tables outdoors that are available for walk-ins."
- Italian: "Scoring a reservation has gotten easier with Lucia's new online reservation system. Now anxious diners can reserve up to 60 days in advance and even be put on a wait-list. The restaurant still offers bar seats and outside tables to walk-ins on a first come, first served basis."
- Best Restaurants, Oak Cliff's Best Restaurants: "Don't let the long wait list deter you from coming-Lucia saves four counter seats overlooking the kitchen for walk-ins and also posts last minute cancellations on its social media."
- Best for Bishop Arts District's Best Restaurants, Italian Because: Lucia is the place to go when you crave an authentic Italian experience but can't spare the time or dime to go to Italy.
- Best for Take Out Because: Lucia is perfect for those wanting a complete gourmet takeaway meal.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Lucia is where to go when you want superb Italian food in cozy surrounds.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Lucia is the place to go when you crave authentic Italian, but can't spare the time or dime to go to Italy.
- Best for Oak Cliff's Best Restaurants Because: Lucia serves the most creative Italian food in the state and its chef, David Uygur, is one of the best chefs in Dallas.