Price Range: $$$
Arguably one of the best date-night eateries in the city has now reopened in the space that formerly housed sibling restaurant, Macellaio's. And though it's not quite as cozy as it was in its smaller... Read More
Arguably one of the best date-night eateries in the city has now reopened in the space that formerly housed sibling restaurant, Macellaio's. And though it's not quite as cozy as it was in its smaller digs, diners will still find Lucia's standout selection of creative Italian fare. That, and the new larger space includes a nice covered patio, complete with fans and heaters. The menu changes seasonally, but expect to find options like smoked sweetbread francobolli with brown butter, and dry-aged duck breast with sunchoke puree, escarole and prunes. Must-tries include housemade charcuterie and foie-gras-stuffed prunes. Desserts are also worth pursuing.
- Romantic Dining, Best Restaurants, Bishop Arts District's Best Restaurants: "There is a small parking lot behind the restaurant as well as a parking lot at the corner N. Bishop and 9th. Reservations open every day at 9 a.m., and all reservations must be made through the website. Also note that you can place your name on a wait list to be notified in the case of cancellations."
- Take Out: "Orders must be placed a minimum of 24 hours before your pickup time."
- Italian: "Scoring a reservation has gotten easier with Lucia's new online reservation system. Now anxious diners can reserve up to 60 days in advance and even be put on a wait-list. The restaurant still offers bar seats and outside tables to walk-ins on a first come, first served basis."
- Oak Cliff's Best Restaurants: "Don't let the long wait list deter you from coming-Lucia saves four counter seats overlooking the kitchen for walk-ins and also posts last minute cancellations on its social media."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Lucia is where to go for stellar Italian food that extends beyond the classics.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Lucia is the place to go when you crave authentic Italian, but can't spare the time or dime to go to Italy.
- Best for Bishop Arts District's Best Restaurants, Italian Because: Lucia is the place to go when you crave an authentic Italian experience but can't spare the time or dime to go to Italy.
- Best for Take Out Because: Lucia is perfect for those wanting a complete gourmet takeaway meal.
- Best for Oak Cliff's Best Restaurants Because: Lucia serves the most creative Italian food in the state and its chef, David Uygur, is one of the best chefs in Dallas.