Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Pecan Lodge
Price Range: $
Featured on such shows as Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and Man Fire Food, this Deep Ellum hot spot is as famous for its long lines as it is for its epic barbecue. But if you come for... Read More
Featured on such shows as Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and Man Fire Food, this Deep Ellum hot spot is as famous for its long lines as it is for its epic barbecue. But if you come for lunch, chances are the lines will be less lengthy, and the offerings will be more plentiful since they tend to sell out of the most popular items earlier in the day. Expect to tempt your taste buds with house-made sausages, mesquite smoked brisket and mouthwatering ribs. Other must-haves include brisket and chipotle cream cheese stuffed sweet potato dubbed the Hot Mess and banana pudding.
- Lunch: "You can skip the lines by either dining at the bar or by ordering 5-lbs or more of meat at the express counter."
- Barbecue: "Bypass the lines by dining at the bar or by ordering 5-lbs or more of meat at the express counter."
- Deep Ellum's Best Restaurants: "Arrive here early because the place only stays open until the day's supply sells out."
- Best Restaurants: "Pecan Lodge hosts live music regularly, be sure to check the website under events for the schedule."
- Best for Lunch Because: Lunch is one of the best times to eat at Pecan Lodge as it usually closes after it sells out.
- Best for Barbecue Because: Texas Monthly magazine ranked Pecan Lodge as one of the best in the state.
- Best for Deep Ellum's Best Restaurants Because: Pecan Lodge smokes up the best barbecue in Dallas.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: When you're after serious barbecue but can't make a trip down to Central Texas, Pecan Lodge is your place.