Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Pecan Lodge
Price Range: $
Featured on such shows as Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and Man Fire Food, this Deep Ellum hot spot is as famous for its long lines as it is for its epic barbecue. But as they say, good... Read More
Featured on such shows as Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and Man Fire Food, this Deep Ellum hot spot is as famous for its long lines as it is for its epic barbecue. But as they say, good things come to those who wait, and those good things include house-made sausages, mesquite smoked brisket, mouthwatering ribs and more. Try it all by ordering "The Trough," where for around $79 you and four of your pals can dig into beef ribs, pork ribs, brisket, pulled pork and sausage links. Other winning items include fried chicken and a brisket and chipotle cream cheese stuffed sweet potato dubbed the "Hot Mess." Don't get us started on the peach cobbler.
- Barbecue: "Bypass the lines by dining at the bar or by ordering 5-lbs or more of meat at the express counter."
- Deep Ellum's Best Restaurants: "Arrive here early because the place only stays open until the day's supply sells out."
- Best Restaurants: "Pecan Lodge hosts live music regularly, be sure to check the website under events for the schedule."
- Lunch: "Arrive here early because the place only stays open until the day's supply sells out (the beef rib often sells out within 45 minutes of opening)."
- Best for Barbecue Because: Texas Monthly magazine ranked Pecan Lodge as one of the best in the state.
- Best for Deep Ellum's Best Restaurants Because: Pecan Lodge smokes up the best barbecue in Dallas.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: When you're after serious barbecue but can't make a trip down to Central Texas, Pecan Lodge is your place.
- Best for Lunch Because: According to Texas Monthly, Pecan Lodge serves up some of the best barbecue in the state.