Type: Family Friendly, Zoos
Boasting over 2000 animals from roughly 400 species, the 106-acre Dallas Zoo is the largest and oldest zoological park in the state. But there's more going on here than your usual walk-through animal... Read More
Boasting over 2000 animals from roughly 400 species, the 106-acre Dallas Zoo is the largest and oldest zoological park in the state. But there's more going on here than your usual walk-through animal exhibits. Most of the enclosures have been constructed to replicate the animals' natural environments. Among them include the 11-acre Giants of the Savanna, the only zoo exhibit in the United States to mix elephants and other species in the same habitat. There's also a children's zoo, giraffe feedings and daily animal demonstrations as well as a miniature train and carousel. Want to take your zoo experience to the next level? Then be sure to reserve a spot on the 90-minute backstage safari for a truly memorable behind-the-scenes tour.
- Best Attractions & Activities: "As of August 2021, all guests are required to reserve tickets online prior to visiting. Admission is only $8 on the first Tuesday of each month."
- Things to Do with Kids: "As of March 5, 2021, the Dallas Zoo will maintain their safety protocols that have been in place since last May, including a mask mandate for visitors ages 10 and up. All guests must reserve timed tickets and parking online prior to visiting."
- Outdoor Activities: "Presently, due to Covid-19 safety measures, all guests are now required to reserve tickets online prior to visiting. Admission discounts are listed on the Zoo's website."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Dallas Zoo has been nationally recognized by numerous publications as one of the top zoos in the country.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Zoo is a great place for all ages to get up close and personal with wildlife.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: A trip to the Dallas Zoo is one of the best ways to keep everyone in the family entertained outdoors.