Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden
Leaf peeping in Dallas? Yes indeed. There's not a better place to experience the colors of the season than at this 66-acre oasis during the Arboretum's annual fall festival. Held September 18 to... Read More
Leaf peeping in Dallas? Yes indeed. There's not a better place to experience the colors of the season than at this 66-acre oasis during the Arboretum's annual fall festival. Held September 18 to October 31, 2021, the event features chef demonstrations, animal presentations, live entertainment and a nationally acclaimed Pumpkin Village made up of more than 90,000 pumpkins, gourds and squash. This year's theme is "Bugtopia" so expect to find everything from hands-on demos of living specimens to massive insect topiaries and bugged-out pumpkin houses. Did we mention that on Halloween weekend, there will be trick-or-treating throughout the garden? General admission is $17 for adults and $12 for children ages 2-12.
- Things to Do in Fall: "Buy one, get one admission every Wednesday. Also note that general admission timed tickets are required and must be purchased online or by calling 214.515.6615. As of August 25, face coverings are required for all indoor spaces due to Dallas County executive order."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Tickets and parking must be reserved online or by calling Customer Service at 214.515.6615 between 9am–"5pm. On Wednesdays, guests can score one free admission with one paid admission."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Reservations are required for members and non-members, and face coverings for ages 5+ must be worn for the duration of your visit. Admission is $2 in August and $5 in January and February."
- Outdoor Activities: "Note that at this time, masks are required for guests ages 5 and over, and all tickets must be reserved online."
- Romantic Things to Do: "From January 2 through February 28, tickets for adults are only $5. Note that the Arboretum is listed on Dallas CityPASS."
- Sightseeing, Parks: "Save $6 on parking by purchasing your parking ticket online before you come. Note that the Arboretum is listed on Dallas CityPASS."
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: The Arboretum's Pumpkin Village was named one of the "Top 10 U.S. Pumpkin Patches" by the Travel Channel
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Dallas Arboretum is one of the most visited botanical gardens in the country.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Dallas Arboretum is a great place for kids to let off steam while also learning about horticulture.
- Best for Outdoor Activities, Sightseeing, Parks Because: The Arboretum is ranked as one of the best botanical gardens in the United States.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Dallas Arboretum is a shoo-in for romantics who enjoy being in nature.