Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden
Set along the shores of White Rock Lake, this 66-acre oasis boasts endless seasonal flowers and plant displays as well as an 8-acre, interactive children's garden featuring everything from cascading... Read More
Set along the shores of White Rock Lake, this 66-acre oasis boasts endless seasonal flowers and plant displays as well as an 8-acre, interactive children's garden featuring everything from cascading waterfalls to a treetop canopy walk and two-story treehouse. In addition to educational programs for children and adults, the Arboretum hosts a variety of public events, ranging from art shows to concerts and seasonal festivals. Speaking of festivals, try to plan your visit in the spring for Dallas Blooms, where over 500,000 blooming bulbs and annuals blanket the entire park with a vibrant display of color.
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Admission is only $3 in August. Save $4 on parking by purchasing your parking ticket online. Bogo Wednesdays: On select Wednesdays, guests can score one free admission with one paid admission. See under discounts on website for details."
- Outdoor Activities: "Tickets and parking must be reserved online or by calling the venue. On Wednesdays, guests can score one free admission with one paid admission."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Reservations are required for members and non-members. Admission is $3 in August, and $5 January 2-February 18."
- Things to Do in Fall: "Buy one, get one admission every Wednesday. Also note that general admission timed tickets are required and must be purchased online or by calling 214.515.6615. As of August 25, face coverings are required for all indoor spaces due to Dallas County executive order."
- Sightseeing, Parks: "Save $6 on parking by purchasing your parking ticket online before you come. Note that the Arboretum is listed on Dallas CityPASS."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Dallas Arboretum is one of the most visited botanical gardens in the country.
- Best for Outdoor Activities, Sightseeing, Parks Because: The Arboretum is ranked as one of the best botanical gardens in the United States.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Dallas Arboretum is a great place for kids to let off steam while also learning about horticulture.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: The Arboretum's Pumpkin Village was named one of the "Top 10 U.S. Pumpkin Patches" by the Travel Channel
Find the 10Best nearby: