Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden
Consistently ranked as one of the top botanical gardens in the country, the Dallas Arboretum boasts 66-acres of landscaped gardens chock full of seasonal flowers, ornamental shrubs, trees and exotic... Read More
Consistently ranked as one of the top botanical gardens in the country, the Dallas Arboretum boasts 66-acres of landscaped gardens chock full of seasonal flowers, ornamental shrubs, trees and exotic pants. So, of course, this is a must-visit spot for horticultural enthusiasts, but it's also a great place for children. In addition to a year-round calendar packed with family-friendly events, kids will especially love exploring the Rory Meyers Children Adventure Garden, an 8-acre oasis filled with water features, interactive exhibits, a treetop canopy walk and a two-story tree house. Tip: Be sure to grab a scavenger hunt map at the information booth.
- Things to Do with Kids: "Reservations are required for members and non-members, and face coverings for ages 5+ must be worn for the duration of your visit. Admission is $2 in August, and $5 in January and February."
- Outdoor Activities: "Note that at this time, masks are required for guests ages 5 and over, and all tickets must be reserved online."
- Romantic Things to Do: "From January 2 through February 28, tickets for adults are only $5. Note that the Arboretum is listed on Dallas CityPASS."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Sightseeing, Parks: "Save $6 on parking by purchasing your parking ticket online before you come. Note that the Arboretum is listed on Dallas CityPASS."
- Things to Do in Fall: "Save $6 on parking (regular price is $15) by purchasing a parking pass online before you go. You can also purchase festival tickets at area Tom Thumb stores and receive $1 off general admission tickets."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Dallas Arboretum is a great place for kids to let off steam while also learning about horticulture.
- Best for Outdoor Activities, Sightseeing, Parks Because: The Arboretum is ranked as one of the best botanical gardens in the United States.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Dallas Arboretum is a shoo-in for romantics who enjoy being in nature.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Dallas Arboretum is one of the most visited botanical gardens in the country.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: The Arboretum's Pumpkin Village was named one of the "Top 10 U.S. Pumpkin Patches" by the Travel Channel