Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Type: Active, Outdoor Activities, Parks
McAllister Park has a lot to offer, chief among them; it has the best trails for bike riding in the city, but be careful as it's easy to get lost here! Although smack dab in the middle of the city, it... Read More
McAllister Park has a lot to offer, chief among them; it has the best trails for bike riding in the city, but be careful as it's easy to get lost here! Although smack dab in the middle of the city, it feels like you're on a retreat. This park offers some of the most beautiful vistas and stunning variety of vegetation. It's a great place to take your camera for some scenic shots. McAllister is also a popular family spot as it has a multitude of baseball fields, soccer fields, rugby fields, multi-purpose fields, a children's play area, dog park, fitness stations, almost 200 picnic tables and fifteen miles of both hard and soft trails.
- Sightseeing, Parks: "This is a great place to go off-roading with your bike."
- Outdoor Activities: "After a great hike or bike ride, swing by nearby Two Bros. Barbecue to replenish those calories!"
- Free Things to Do: "A great spot for birding! Nature lovers can find an array of wildlife here, from cardinals to deer."
- Best for Sightseeing Because: A little off the beaten path, McAllister is a nature's wonderland in the middle of the city, and a great place to explore.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: McAllister Park is a virtual wonderland of nature and wildlife.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: McAllister Park offers a wide expanse of nature in the middle of this vast city. They have walking and biking trails and a playground.
- Best for Parks Because: McAllister is one of San Antonio's largest parks and a favorite for those who are athletic.