Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
San Antonio Botanical Gardens and Conservatory
Type: Attractions, Day Trips, Family Friendly, Gardens, Parks
San Antonio's Botanical Gardens is one of the prettiest places to see in the city. This extraordinary 33-acre facility showcases plants from desert regions to equatorial rainforests, some of which are... Read More
San Antonio's Botanical Gardens is one of the prettiest places to see in the city. This extraordinary 33-acre facility showcases plants from desert regions to equatorial rainforests, some of which are housed in individual, climate-controlled glass environments surrounded by a sunken courtyard and tropical lagoon filled with aquatic plants. Specialty collections include epiphytic plants, desert cacti and succulents, equatorial tropicals, palms and cycads, tropical fruits, ferns and aroids and insectivores. The Gardens, which always strive to connect people to the plant world through experience, education and research also features a children's garden, a Japanese garden and even a garden for the blind. .
- Daily 9am-5pm
- Adult $7; Senior (65+) $5; Student $5; Military $5; Child (3-13) $4
- Things to Do with Kids: "The Botanical Garden's culinary garden hosts a number of cooking classes, demos and events throughout the year, for both kids and families. Make sure to check out the website for details."
- Outdoor Activities: "The culinary garden has an outdoor kitchen and offers a variety of food-centric events and cooking classes for kids."
- Parks, Attractions near AT&T Center: "Make sure to leave time for lunch at the Botanical Garden's excellent on-site restaurant!"
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: One of the most stunning destinations in the city, the Garden is full of inspiring ecosystems to explore.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: One of the most incredible gardens in the city - it's a wonderful way to spend the day.
- Best for Parks Because: San Antonio's Botanical Gardens is one of the top destinations in the city.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: This botanical gardens is not only beautiful but education and a great place for the family.