Explore San Antonio
San Antonio Botanical Gardens and Conservatory
Type: Attractions, Day Trips, Family Friendly, Gardens, Parks
San Antonio's Botanical Gardens is one of the prettiest places to see in the city. This extraordinary 33-acre facility showcases plants from desert regions to equatorial rainforests, some of which are... Read More
San Antonio's Botanical Gardens is one of the prettiest places to see in the city. This extraordinary 33-acre facility showcases plants from desert regions to equatorial rainforests, some of which are housed in individual, climate-controlled glass environments surrounded by a sunken courtyard and tropical lagoon filled with aquatic plants. Specialty collections include epiphytic plants, desert cacti and succulents, equatorial tropicals, palms and cycads, tropical fruits, ferns and aroids and insectivores. The Gardens, which always strive to connect people to the plant world through experience, education and research also features a children's garden, a Japanese garden and even a garden for the blind. .
- Daily 9am-5pm
- Adult $7; Senior (65+) $5; Student $5; Military $5; Child (3-13) $4
- Outdoor Activities: "Coming Soon, the Frida Kahlo Oasis exhibit, "brings to life Frida Kahlo's deep connection with Mexican native vegetation and the natural world. In this mesmerizing exhibition, visitors will be transported through a unique environment of shades, scents, sounds, and sights.""
- Romantic Things to Do: "Check out their website for special events and exhibits. They are currently featuring an "Origami in the Garden" exhibit, perfect for couples to explore together."
- Parks, Attractions near AT&T Center: "Make sure to leave time for lunch at the Botanical Garden's excellent on-site restaurant!"
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: One of the most incredible gardens in the city - it's a wonderful way to spend the day.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The Botanical Gardens and all their many wonders provide a magical place to share with someone special.
- Best for Parks Because: San Antonio's Botanical Gardens is one of the top destinations in the city.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: This botanical gardens is not only beautiful but education and a great place for the family.