Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
San Antonio's Botanical Gardens is one of the prettiest places to see in the city. This extraordinary 33-acre facility showcases plants from desert regions to equatorial rainforests, some of which are... Read More
San Antonio's Botanical Gardens is one of the prettiest places to see in the city. This extraordinary 33-acre facility showcases plants from desert regions to equatorial rainforests, some of which are housed in individual, climate-controlled glass environments surrounded by a sunken courtyard and tropical lagoon filled with aquatic plants. Specialty collections include epiphytic plants, desert cacti and succulents, equatorial tropicals, palms and cycads, tropical fruits, ferns and aroids and insectivores. The Gardens, which always strive to connect people to the plant world through experience, education and research also features a children's garden, a Japanese garden and even a garden for the blind. .
- Daily 9am-5pm
- Adult $7; Senior (65+) $5; Student $5; Military $5; Child (3-13) $4
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: One of the most incredible gardens in the city - it's a wonderful way to spend the day.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: You can finally enjoy the Botanical Gardens in December without the blazing San Antonio sun.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: These beautiful Botanical Gardens allow you to enjoy many regions of the world all at once.
- Best for Parks Because: San Antonio's Botanical Gardens is one of the top destinations in the city.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: This botanical gardens is not only beautiful but education and a great place for the family.