Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
San Antonio Botanical Gardens and Conservatory
Type: Attractions, Day Trips, Family Friendly, Gardens, Parks
San Antonio's Botanical Gardens is one of the prettiest places to see in the city. This extraordinary 33-acre facility showcases plants from desert regions to equatorial rainforests, some of which are... Read More
San Antonio's Botanical Gardens is one of the prettiest places to see in the city. This extraordinary 33-acre facility showcases plants from desert regions to equatorial rainforests, some of which are housed in individual, climate-controlled glass environments surrounded by a sunken courtyard and tropical lagoon filled with aquatic plants. Specialty collections include epiphytic plants, desert cacti and succulents, equatorial tropicals, palms and cycads, tropical fruits, ferns and aroids and insectivores. The Gardens, which always strive to connect people to the plant world through experience, education and research also features a children's garden, a Japanese garden and even a garden for the blind. .
- Daily 9am-5pm
- Adult $7; Senior (65+) $5; Student $5; Military $5; Child (3-13) $4
- Holiday Attractions: "Find amazing Christmas surprises at their well-curated gift shop."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Try to make it to one of their Foodie Cinema events!"
- Things to Do in Fall, Outdoor Activities, Sightseeing, Parks, Attractions near AT&T Center: "Make sure to leave time for lunch at the Botanical Garden's excellent on-site restaurant!"
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: During the holidays, you can enjoy seasonal flowers, garlands, red ribbons and festive holiday decorations
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The gardens replenishes your mind, body and spirit with a vast array of environments to explore.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: The San Antonio Botanical Gardens is a must see in the fall, when it's cool enough to enjoy.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: One of the most incredible gardens in the city - it's a wonderful way to spend the day.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: These beautiful Botanical Gardens allow you to enjoy many regions of the world all at once.
- Best for Parks Because: San Antonio's Botanical Gardens is one of the top destinations in the city.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: This botanical gardens is not only beautiful but education and a great place for the family.