Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Bird Bakery
Bird Bakery is like a little bakery heaven. The staff is overwhelmingly friendly, encouraging you to try the wide variety of samples, from carrot cake, salted peanut butter cups, and Mexican chocolate... Read More
Bird Bakery is like a little bakery heaven. The staff is overwhelmingly friendly, encouraging you to try the wide variety of samples, from carrot cake, salted peanut butter cups, and Mexican chocolate brownies. Make sure to ask which items are gluten-free, as this is not a dedicated gluten-free bakery but comes with a variety of wonderful options. They have an amazing honey cheesecake made with Greek yogurt, but it tastes just as decadent and delicious as any cheesecake you've every tasted. Of course they have an array of cupcakes from the Elvis cupcake with peanut butter frosting to the Lemon Blueberry Pancake cupcake. Yum! Bird Bakery also serves lunch and dinner in a chic atmosphere.
- Best for Breakfast Because: Bird Bakery offers some great baked goods for breakfast as well as great options such as spinach quiche and a breakfast casserole.
- Best for Alamo Heights' Best Restaurants Because: A sweet little cafe with an array of sweets and eats to bring a little sunshine into your day.
- Best for Lunch Because: If you're looking for that perfect sandwich to wet your appetite head to Bird Bakery.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Bird Bakery is an adorable cafe style bakery with yummy options for breakfast, lunch or a quick snack.
- Best for Gluten-Free Baked Goods Because: The Bird Bakery is a quaint little bakery and café with an excellent variety of baked goods and other items, including gluten-free.