Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Kimberly Suta
Price Range: $$
Cappy's, and Cappy himself, has been a staple of the Alamo Heights district in San Antonio for over three decades. In a word, superb! This upscale American cuisine restaurant is a sure thing if you're... Read More
Cappy's, and Cappy himself, has been a staple of the Alamo Heights district in San Antonio for over three decades. In a word, superb! This upscale American cuisine restaurant is a sure thing if you're looking for a wonderful meal in an elegant atmosphere. They offer some of the freshest seafood, excellent steaks and regional/seasonal options as well. For lunch, you can't go wrong with the Oak-grilled Akaushi Burger, Chicken & Brie Sandwich or the Spiced Ahi Tuna Salad. If you're looking for something a bit more adventurous, try the Pecan-crusted Catfish or the Mussels and Fries. They also offer a great wine list and an outdoor patio where you can relax and enjoy the beautiful San Antonio sunshine!
- Best Restaurants: "One of the best brunches in the city. Guaranteed! The truffled scrambled eggs with lump crab and a butter-poached cold water lobster tail is divine."
- Best Restaurants for Spring: "Make sure to try the specials, as the chef is so creative here, featuring unique dishes such as a chicken and waffle salad with spicy maple blackberry vinaigrette, pickled radishes, bacon, candied pecans and spinach."
- Outdoor Dining: "They offer a private room for large parties."
- Brunch, Breakfast/Brunch: "If you can, be sure to make a reservation, as this place fills up fast for lunch or any other time."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: One of the oldest fine dining restaurants in the city, Cappy's is a confident go-to for a great meal anytime.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Spring Because: One of the oldest restaurants in town, Cappy's is a great choice for any meal and has a lovely patio for Sunday brunch.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Maverick has a stunning patio, incredible food and an excellent wait staff. They succeed on all levels!
- Best for Brunch Because: In Alamo Heights, this go-to spot for brunch on Sundays offers decadent breakfast items like a crab omelette with a lobster tail and gluten-free pancakes!
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: For elevated brunch cuisine, Cappy's knows how to make their guests happy!