Explore San Antonio
MAX's Wine Dive - San Antonio
Cuisine: American, New American
Price Range: $$
Max's Wine Dive doesn't look very divey at all, in fact, they're an upscale joint but with a pretty humble attitude. Designed to be a chill and relaxed bar and restaurant, Max's blends a casual,... Read More
Max's Wine Dive doesn't look very divey at all, in fact, they're an upscale joint but with a pretty humble attitude. Designed to be a chill and relaxed bar and restaurant, Max's blends a casual, industrial feel with a gourmet comfort food and wines from around the world. Max's mantra is "Fried Chicken and Champagne? Why the Hell Not?" Max's claims that on, "any given night of the week, you'll find a 20-something sitting at the bar next to a 60-something; each drinking the same Aussie Shiraz with the "Texas Haute Dog" and listening to rockin' tunes from the jukebox." All over the city of San Antonio, we've heard exclamations of delight over the most amazing fried chicken. Upon asking, invariably the answer is Max's Wine Dive.
- Alamo Heights' Best Restaurants: "They feature a "Catch of the Day," such as a Soft Shell Crab Po' Boy, but you'll have to go in to find out!"
- Take Out: "They now offer a gluten-free version of their famous fried chicken!"
- Late Night: "Make sure to save room for their bread pudding for dessert... your only regret may be that your tummy's not big enough to eat it all!"
- Best for Alamo Heights' Best Restaurants Because: Max's Wine Dive is a popular haunt for affordable and yummy drinks and eats.
- Best for Take Out Because: Max's offers a variety of food that's often best eaten in front of the television.
- Best for Late Night Because: Almost midnight and craving some incredible fried chicken, then you're in luck at Max's!