Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Japanese Tea Garden
Type: Architecture, Art & Culture, Attractions, Family Friendly, Gardens, Sightseeing, Water
San Antonio's Japanese Tea Gardens feels like a set straight out of a movie, something like "What Dreams May Come" or "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." The point is, it's a magical and enchanting... Read More
San Antonio's Japanese Tea Gardens feels like a set straight out of a movie, something like "What Dreams May Come" or "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." The point is, it's a magical and enchanting place, perfect for declarations of love and sonnet writing. The restored garden is a beautiful destination all year long and features a verdant garden and floral display with shaded walkways, stone bridges, a 60-foot waterfall and ponds filled with fat and happy Koi. A whimsically winding walkway encompasses the garden and makes for nice after dinner stroll. If you visit just one of San Antonio's landmarks, be sure to make it this one!
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Take a stroll, hand-in-hand, along the beautiful stone path at the Japanese Tea Garden for some romantic inspiration on a budget.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: The Japanese Tea Garden is an ideal place to go for a walk in winter, especially if you're on a budget.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The Japanese Tea Garden is a source of inspiration, perfect for a romantic or meditative meandering.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: The Japanese Tea Gardens are a free and unexpected treat in the center of San Antonio.
- Best for Parks Because: This is a great place to go for a romantic stroll with someone special.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: This is a great place to visit when you're on a budget for a nice stroll or even a picnic.