Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
San Antonio Zoo
San Antonio likes to lead the way in all things and the zoo is no exception. Parents magazine ranked the San Antonio Zoo as one of the Top 10 Best Zoos for Kids. It is also the third largest zoo in... Read More
San Antonio likes to lead the way in all things and the zoo is no exception. Parents magazine ranked the San Antonio Zoo as one of the Top 10 Best Zoos for Kids. It is also the third largest zoo in the nation so there is plenty to see. Home to over 8,500 animals, the zoo is open 365 days a year, rain or shine. There are plenty of places to grab a cold drink or a bite to eat as you spend the day exploring. The San Antonio Zoo is about 10 minutes from the downtown area. We recommend you bring your sunscreen as you explore this friendly animal world. Your kids will want to stay awhile.
- Daily 9am-5pm
- General Admissions Adult $10; Senior (62+) $8; Military $9; Child (3-11) $8
Handicap (3-14) $5
Handicap (15+) $6.50
- Things to Do with Kids: "The Monarch Fest is coming up in March - a two-day festival celebrating all things monarchs, milkweed, and migration."
- Holiday Attractions: "Check out their website for holiday specific events, such as Light Up the Night at the Zoo."
- Attractions near AT&T Center: "There is a great little train right outside the zoo. You can take a ride through the Brackenridge Park area and even stop at the Witte Museum for a visit so plan your day to include the zoo and the museum. The zoo website also offers online coupons you can display right from your smart phone."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The San Antonio Zoo is one of the best in the country, and always a favorite stop for kids and families.
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: The Zoo is a popular destination for families all year-round, but never more so during the winter and holidays when it's cooler.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: The San Antonio Zoo has a bunch of new attractions the entire family will love.