Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
San Antonio Zoo
San Antonio likes to lead the way in all things and the zoo is no exception. Parents magazine ranked the San Antonio Zoo as one of the Top 10 Best Zoos for Kids. It is also the third largest zoo in... Read More
San Antonio likes to lead the way in all things and the zoo is no exception. Parents magazine ranked the San Antonio Zoo as one of the Top 10 Best Zoos for Kids. It is also the third largest zoo in the nation so there is plenty to see. Home to over 8,500 animals, the zoo is open 365 days a year, rain or shine. There are plenty of places to grab a cold drink or a bite to eat as you spend the day exploring. The San Antonio Zoo is about 10 minutes from the downtown area. We recommend you bring your sunscreen as you explore this friendly animal world. Your kids will want to stay awhile.
- Daily 9am-5pm
- General Admissions Adult $10; Senior (62+) $8; Military $9; Child (3-11) $8
Handicap (3-14) $5
Handicap (15+) $6.50
- Romantic Things to Do: "Find a spot along the lake in Brackenridge Park, near the Zoo, and start your date with a picnic in the park."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Attractions near AT&T Center: "There is a great little train right outside the zoo. You can take a ride through the Brackenridge Park area and even stop at the Witte Museum for a visit so plan your day to include the zoo and the museum. The zoo website also offers online coupons you can display right from your smart phone."
- Things to Do in December: "The Zoo puts on all sorts of holiday festivities, from the Zoo Boo around Halloween to Whataburger Zoo Lights, their Christmas-themed event."
- Things to Do in Fall: "Visit the website to find out more about their exclusive zoo experiences, including behind-the-scenes, get up-close and family-friendly rides."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The San Antonio Zoo is one of the best in the country, with beautiful grounds and an array of awe-inspiring animals.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The gardens replenishes your mind, body and spirit with a vast array of environments to explore.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: This is the best time of year to enjoy the Zoo, and the animals all agree!
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: Newly renovated, Hemisfair is a hub of activity with access to a number of this city's attractions.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: The San Antonio Zoo has a bunch of new attractions the entire family will love.