Explore San Antonio
San Antonio Zoo
San Antonio likes to lead the way in all things and the zoo is no exception. Parents magazine ranked the San Antonio Zoo as one of the Top 10 Best Zoos for Kids. It is also the third-largest zoo in... Read More
San Antonio likes to lead the way in all things and the zoo is no exception. Parents magazine ranked the San Antonio Zoo as one of the Top 10 Best Zoos for Kids. It is also the third-largest zoo in the nation so there is plenty to see. Home to over 8,500 animals, the zoo is open 365 days a year, rain or shine. There are plenty of places to grab a cold drink or a bite to eat as you spend the day exploring. The San Antonio Zoo is about 10 minutes from the downtown area. We recommend you bring your sunscreen as you explore this friendly animal world. Your kids will want to stay awhile.
- Daily 9am-5pm
- General Admissions Adult $10; Senior (62+) $8; Military $9; Child (3-11) $8
Handicap (3-14) $5
Handicap (15+) $6.50
- Things to Do with Kids: "The Zoo also offers virtual tours. Check out their website for details."
- Outdoor Activities: "They also offer virtual tours at the moment. Check out their website for details."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Attractions near AT&T Center: "There is a great little train right outside the zoo. You can take a ride through the Brackenridge Park area and even stop at the Witte Museum for a visit so plan your day to include the zoo and the museum. The zoo website also offers online coupons you can display right from your smart phone."
- Things to Do in Fall: "Visit the website to find out more about their exclusive zoo experiences, including behind-the-scenes, get up-close and family-friendly rides."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The San Antonio Zoo is one of the best in the United States, with so many chances to explore both local and exotic wildlife.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: San Antonio Zoo is one of the most eclectic and beautiful zoos in Texas, if not the country, perfect for outdoor enjoyment.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The gardens replenishes your mind, body and spirit with a vast array of environments to explore.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: Newly renovated, Hemisfair is a hub of activity with access to a number of this city's attractions.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: The San Antonio Zoo has a bunch of new attractions the entire family will love.