Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Type: Family Friendly, History Museums, Museums, Science Museums
This is a great museum for families! Built on the banks of the San Antonio River, the Witte is considered San Antonio's foremost museum. With a four story tree house and dinosaur bones, kids are... Read More
This is a great museum for families! Built on the banks of the San Antonio River, the Witte is considered San Antonio's foremost museum. With a four story tree house and dinosaur bones, kids are hooked as soon as they arrive. The tree house itself features endless hands on science related activities and a ride on a 'Sky-cycle' 15 feet in the air! Adults appreciate the Texas art and in May 2012, an extraordinary South Texas Heritage Center opened. Long term exhibits include dinosaurs and mummies among other fascinating collections. The Witte will often host special events and exhibits that are an additional fee on top of the museum costs. Ask the staff to tell you about the most current featured exhibits to help you determine whether or not you want to add this to your regular museum ticket price and tour.
- Mon,: Wed-Sat; 10am-5pm
- Tue: 10am-8pm
- Sun: Noon-5pm
- Adult (12-64) $8; Senior (65+) $7; Military $7; Child (4-11) $6; Child (3 and under) Free
- Sightseeing: "Bring a picnic lunch to enjoy at nearby Brackenridge Park."
- Free Things to Do: "Witte Museum Admission is free on Tuesdays from 3 p.m. until 8 p.m."
- Museums, Family-Friendly Museums, Attractions near AT&T Center: "Take the train from right outside the San Antonio Zoo to the Witte Museum. It stops right outside the museum and will pick you back up on your way out (during operating hours)."
- Best for Sightseeing, Museums Because: The Witte is always showcasing fun and educational exhibits for families and kids.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The Witte Museum hosts unique and often interactive exhibits that are entertaining for both adults and kids.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The Witte Museum is a great place to take the kids to enjoy educational exhibits.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: The Witte is geared towards kids and is a fun way to enjoy family time!