Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Type: Aquariums, Attractions, Gardens, Golf Courses, Outdoor Activities, Parks, Public Golf Courses, Zoos
Located just below the headwaters of the San Antonio River, not far from downtown, Brackenridge Park has been a gathering spot since prehistoric times (dating back 11,000 years) and has since evolved... Read More
Located just below the headwaters of the San Antonio River, not far from downtown, Brackenridge Park has been a gathering spot since prehistoric times (dating back 11,000 years) and has since evolved into one of the most popular family hang-outs in San Antonio. This beautiful park is covered with Live Oak trees and offers visitors dozens of privately situated picnic tables and barbeque pits to choose from. Brackenridge offers three pavilions (available for events), a playscape for children, a softball field, a walking path around the pond, where you'll find all sorts of ducks and other wildlife and, best of all, a charming mini-train that runs right through the park.
- Daily 8am-11pm
- Outdoor Activities: "If you have little ones with you, bring bread or leftover tortillas so you can feed the ducks."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Sightseeing, Parks: "As Brackenridge Park also extends into the Japanese Tea Garden, San Antonio Zoo and the Sunken Garden Theatre, not to mention its proximity to the family-oriented Witte Museum, it's the ideal place for a day trip!"
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Brackenridge, located close to downtown, is a popular park for a little nature fun, from feeding the ducks to going on a mini train ride.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: If you have kiddos, Brackenridge Park is a must on a budget, with a pretty little park with ducks, trails and a mini train.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: A great place to take in nature in the middle of the city.
- Best for Parks Because: Brackenridge is the ultimate in family-friendly park fun and is centrally-located.