Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Type: Architecture, Art Museums, Attractions, Family Friendly, Museums, Outdoor Activities, Outdoor Activities - Summer, Parks, Sightseeing
If you're visiting San Antonio for the first time or have not been before, Hemisfair Park is a must see destination spot. Recently renovated, this lush, beautifully landscaped neighborhood park,... Read More
If you're visiting San Antonio for the first time or have not been before, Hemisfair Park is a must see destination spot. Recently renovated, this lush, beautifully landscaped neighborhood park, located in the center of downtown, was originally created for the World's Fair in 1968. Walking this park will not only give you a good workout, but will lead you to some of the best destinations in San Antonio, including the Tower of the Americas, the Institute of Texan Cultures and the Magik Children's Theatre, just for starters. The park is also located directly across the street from La Villita, the historic arts village which is great for shopping!
- Daily 7am-11pm
- Things to Do in December, Best Attractions & Activities, Things to Do in Fall, Outdoor Activities: "If you're in the mood for an adventure, take the trolley bus from downtown to the park and then continue on to San Antonio's arts district, Southtown, to see all the great places that San Antonio has to offer."
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: Explore the newly renovated HemisFair Park, featuring new restaurants and a fun playground for the kids.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: HemisFair recently went through a giant renovation, and is a great place to explore with the family.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: Newly renovated, Hemisfair is a hub of activity with access to a number of this city's attractions.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Newly renovated, Hemisfair Park is full of outdoor fun and adventures for the whole family.