Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
To fully experience the wide range of diversity that San Antonio has to offer, San Antonio's El Mercado (a.k.a. Market Square) is the best place to take the kids for a unique, fun day. It was once... Read More
To fully experience the wide range of diversity that San Antonio has to offer, San Antonio's El Mercado (a.k.a. Market Square) is the best place to take the kids for a unique, fun day. It was once home to a bustling produce market. Today, it's a festive and exciting representation of all of the colorful cultures and flavors that make up San Antonio. On the weekends, you can expect to find all sorts of activities, live music, vendors and events designed just for kids. Mom and Dad will also have fun shopping. There are plenty of leather and paper-mache goods, blankets, pottery and numerous other hand-made and imported items.
- Free Things to Do, Holiday Attractions, Things to Do in December, Attractions near AT&T Center: "Make sure to take the kids to the nearby Mi Tierra Restaurant and Bakery for some enchiladas or handmade pan dulce and Mexican hot chocolate!"
- Things to Do with Kids: "Make sure to have the mariachis sing for you!"
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The Market Square is a fun and festive way to take in San Antonio - enjoy shopping and live performances.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: To get a true taste of San Antonio's cultural influences, visit Market Square for great Tex-Mex and imported Mexican wares.
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: For holiday shopping San Antonio style, there's nothing better than the Market Square.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: Market Square has so many wonderful holiday gifts and festivities during this time of year.
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: The festive atmosphere of the Mercado is a fun way to spend the afternoon.