Explore San Antonio
Type: Active, Adventure, Architecture, Attractions, Children's Museums, Museums, Outdoor Activities
The new DoSeum Children's Museum sits on 5.5 acres of property and includes 26,000 square feet of indoor exhibit space and an additional 39,000 square feet of outdoor exhibit play space. It offers... Read More
The new DoSeum Children's Museum sits on 5.5 acres of property and includes 26,000 square feet of indoor exhibit space and an additional 39,000 square feet of outdoor exhibit play space. It offers unique exhibits unlike any other children's museum in the U.S., including an interactive robot, a spy academy filled with math challenges, an interactive puppet parade, a musical staircase like in the movie Big, an ADA-accessible treehouse, a children's river and a significant outdoor exhibit area. There's truly something for kids of all ages. Toddlers will enjoy spending time in Little Town, while the six- to ten-year-olds will have fun in the Spy Academy. The literacy exhibit, called Imagine It, is a brilliant interactive story-making exhibit that enables kids to pair fantasy with imagination in order to build a story where they are the real heroes. By using 2D and 3D elements they construct an animated story frame-by-frame. Parents will appreciate that the majority of the exhibits at The DoSeum boast a science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) focus, integrated with literacy and creative arts concepts, for a 21st century learning experience.
- Mon 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tue 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Wed 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Thu 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Fri 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sat 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sun 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Adult $12; Military $11; Child (1 and under) Free
- Free Things to Do: "Make sure to make a reservation. A link for ticket reservations is posted on their website at 8 am the morning of Free Family Night."
- Museums, Family-Friendly Museums: "Free Kids' Night is every third Tuesday of the month from 6pm-8pm."
- Things to Do with Kids: "If you're on a budget, you can take advantage of Free Kids' Night, which is every third Tuesday of the month from 6 pm-8 pm."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The state-of-the-art DoSeum hosts Free Family Night on the first Monday of every month from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Best for Museums Because: The DoSeum recently built a brand new museum with state-of-the-art exhibits for kids of all ages.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: This museum gives parents a chance to do something both fun and educational with their kids.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The San Antonio Children's Museum is a fantastic place for the little ones to enjoy games and learning opportunities.
Find the 10Best nearby: