Explore San Antonio
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Open Travel
Photo courtesy of DoSeum Museum
The new DoSeum Children's Museum sits on 5.5 acres of property and includes 26,000 square feet of indoor exhibit space and an additional 39,000 square feet of outdoor exhibit play space. It offers... Read More
The new DoSeum Children's Museum sits on 5.5 acres of property and includes 26,000 square feet of indoor exhibit space and an additional 39,000 square feet of outdoor exhibit play space. It offers unique exhibits unlike any other children's museum in the U.S., including an interactive robot, a spy academy filled with math challenges, an interactive puppet parade, a musical staircase like in the movie Big, an ADA-accessible treehouse, a children's river and a significant outdoor exhibit area. There's truly something for kids of all ages. Toddlers will enjoy spending time in Little Town, while the six- to ten-year-olds will have fun in the Spy Academy. The literacy exhibit, called Imagine It, is a brilliant interactive story-making exhibit that enables kids to pair fantasy with imagination in order to build a story where they are the real heroes. By using 2D and 3D elements they construct an animated story frame-by-frame. Parents will appreciate that the majority of the exhibits at The DoSeum boast a science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) focus, integrated with literacy and creative arts concepts, for a 21st century learning experience.
- Mon 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tue 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Wed 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Thu 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Fri 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sat 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sun 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Adult $12; Military $11; Child (1 and under) Free
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: One of the newer museums in the city, The DoSeum is nirvana for kids.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: It doesn't matter what time of year it is, The DoSeum is one of the best places to take the kiddos.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: This museum gives parents a chance to do something both fun and educational with their kids.
- Best for Museums Because: The DoSeum recently built a brand new museum with state-of-the-art exhibits for kids of all ages.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The San Antonio Children's Museum is a fantastic place for the little ones to enjoy games and learning opportunities.