Explore San Antonio
Tower of the Americas
Type: Attractions, Day Trips, Family Friendly, Gardens, Great Views, Parks, Sightseeing, Uniquely Here
For the best view in San Antonio, go directly to the Tower of the Americas, which was built for the World's Fair back in 1968. Located downtown, this 750-foot-tall structure in the middle of... Read More
For the best view in San Antonio, go directly to the Tower of the Americas, which was built for the World's Fair back in 1968. Located downtown, this 750-foot-tall structure in the middle of Hemisphere plaza offers the most spectacular views from its observation deck, as well as a fun-tastic 4D Theatre ride the kids will love! If you want to go all out, grab a bite to eat at Chart House, the fine-dining restaurant that sits atop the tower, revolving slowly, much to everyone's delight. Make sure to take time to enjoy Hemisphere park, which is made up of beautiful grounds, waterfalls and fountains, a children's playground, historic buildings and is also home to the Institute of Texan Cultures and the Children's Magik Theater.
739 E. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78205
- Flags Over Texas Observation Deck: Sun-Thu 10am-10pm; Fri-Sat 10am-11pm
- Skies Over Texas 4D Theater: Sun-Thu 10am-10pm; Fri-Sat 10am-11pm
- Chart House Restaurant: Sun-Thu 11am-10pm; Fri-Sat 11am-11pm
- Tower Ticket Adult $10.95; Senior $9.95; Military $9.95; Child $8.95;
Parking $8 - $11
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: With the best view in the city, it's a hot spot to take the entire family or that special someone.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: See the city of San Antonio the way they did 100 years ago!
- Best for Attractions near AT&T Center Because: For the best view of the city, the Tower of the Americas is a must-see!