Explore San Antonio
The Menger is probably the most charming hotel to be found in San Antonio, and also possesses a long and impressive history. Located next to the Alamo, they have played host to such prestigious guests... Read More
The Menger is probably the most charming hotel to be found in San Antonio, and also possesses a long and impressive history. Located next to the Alamo, they have played host to such prestigious guests as Theodore Roosevelt, who is said to now make ghostly appearances on occasion. In fact, for ghost hunters, this is the place to go. The on-site bar has been recognized as one of the hot spots apparitions like to visit, which is no surprise since this beautiful, hard-wood covered hang-out is an ideal place for a nightcap. Along with the anticipated modern updates to the Menger, you'll enjoy original the neoclassical Victorian lobby, fine antiques and artwork, a stunning courtyard garden, historic photographs, and a century-old guest registry.
204 Alamo Plaza
San Antonio, TX 78205
- Best for Romantic Hotels Because: This iconic hotel is for couples who love to travel back in time.
- Best for Riverwalk Because: This truly stunning historic hotel has preserved an old world elegance hard to find elsewhere.
- Best for Family-Friendly Hotels Because: Mom and Dad will love the elegance of this hotel, while the kids will love the convenience to the mall and other attractions.
- Best for Luxury Hotels Because: The Menger Hotel offers guest old-world style, history and elegance.
- Best for Hotels near Alamodome Because: The Menger Hotel is a stunning bit of architecture and is also close to the mall.
— If you book a hotel by clicking one of our booking links, 10Best may earn a small commission.
Find the 10Best nearby: