Explore San Antonio
Price Range: $
Dignowity Meats is a smoked meat sandwich shop located in San Antonio's Eastside historical neighborhood of Dignowity Hill. The name may be hard to pronounce, but by the time you're done with your... Read More
Dignowity Meats is a smoked meat sandwich shop located in San Antonio's Eastside historical neighborhood of Dignowity Hill. The name may be hard to pronounce, but by the time you're done with your meal, you won't forget it. They offer elevated deli eats, sandwiches and sides, such as their incredibe sharp cheddar mac-n-cheese. Their menu includes KC Brisket Burnt Ends, Buttermilk Fried Chicken, Pulled Pork, St. Louis Ribs and specialties such as their Dignowity Pie, which is brisket burnt ends or pulled pork with mac, served over fries and sliced jalapenos. This is not the place to go when you're on a diet, but you probably already figured that out! Owners Andrew Samia and Shane Reed grew up in the Northeast and Midwest and are the visionaries of Dignowity Meats. Having developed a strong appreciation for old school mom and pop deli's that smoked and cooked all of their products on site, they wanted to bring the same flavors and authenticity to the Alamo city... and they have!
1701 E Houston St.
San Antonio, TX 78202
- Barbecue, Restaurants near Alamodome, Restaurants near AT&T Center, Homestyle: "Their delicious smoked meats can be ordered at a window or enjoyed on their outdoor seating."
- Best for Barbecue Because: This fun and funky outdoor BBQ joint, which has been featured on DDD, knows how to make some badass barbecue!
- Best for Restaurants near Alamodome Because: Very close to the Alamodome, this barbecue joint is fun and delicious.
- Best for Restaurants near AT&T Center Because: For some finger-lickin-good meats, Dignowity Meats is at the top of the list and also conveniently located on the Eastside.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Although the idea of what you consider homestyle depends on where you live. In Kansas City, this barbecue is it!